Anderson straight shaft CZ21 question

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using a straight shaft or S shaft? Balance depends on length of straight shaft, the longer the shaft the further back the control modules need to be to counter balance the weight of the shaft and coil.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no use for wasting money on a straight shaft for the CZ-21. I use a neck harness which takes all the weight off the arm. Fisher sells the harness or you can make your own. Run the cable down one side of the shaft to the coil. Controls are right in front of you.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see no use for wasting money on a straight shaft for the CZ-21. I use a neck harness which takes all the weight off the arm. Fisher sells the harness or you can make your own. Run the cable down one side of the shaft to the coil. Controls are right in front of you.

...or use hip mount which I use now and then = especially in shallow water or on land

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whats wrong with the Fisher shaft? Too much drag? Too much weight?

Sandigger2

Mar 25, 2012
Ventura County,So Cal
Detector(s) used
DFX, PIDF,CZ 21,F5,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Weight and bad balance cause fatigue in a short time for this old man.
I hip mount on the sand and up to waist deep. Works my 511 dog years.
laughing021.gif

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats wrong with the Fisher shaft? Too much drag? Too much weight?

The very heavy control is mounted up on a pedestal over your hand. It's great in the water as all the controls are right at your fingertips, but on land it's a beast to use. I hipmount mine also and only flip between Autotune and 0 disc to check targets. No pinpoint necessary.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a hip mount setup. Purchase a heavy duty web belt for under $10 and you're in business. I agree, it's a beast to use it shaft mounted on land.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two of them and have never changed anything in the dry or wet (stock shaft & mount) . If one arm gets tired, I use the other one. Now I am getting older, I think I might try the hip mount for long days. I was told about somebody else who attached it to a raft/sieve when he was in the water. I did not see it in action, but it sounded interesting.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two of them and have never changed anything in the dry or wet (stock shaft & mount) . If one arm gets tired, I use the other one. Now I am getting older, I think I might try the hip mount for long days. I was told about somebody else who attached it to a raft/sieve when he was in the water. I did not see it in action, but it sounded interesting.
I use mine in the stock position in the water and my average hunt is eight hours. I use my pinpoint button so that's why I don't chest mount. I usually get my target on the first scoop without pin pointing but if I don't I pinpoint and get it on the second...I have the 10 inch coil.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the hip mount...........I installed a 10 1/2" coil Friday and went to a park today with it. It's one hot machine now!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread