SEVENTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SEVENTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT!!!!
hello fellow treasurehunters, the seventh annual treasurehunters cookout will be held on april 18th at the pennwood motorlodge in wabasso florida. if you want a room they are giving anyone attending the cookout a discounted rate. you will need to act fast, in the past all rooms are sold out within about a week! The phone number for the Pennwood is (866)-742-9240 or (772)-589-3855, ask for Virginia and tell her you’re with the Treasure Hunters group so you can get the discount.

the pennwood motorlodge has a rich history with some of the treasurehunting greats from the good old days having used it as a base with rumors of treasure being hidden there! many shipwreck beaches are within easy driving distance if you want to go exploring. they have a very nice pool, nice grounds and nice covered area that will serve as the main gathering area and shelter if it rains.

anyone that has been to these cookouts before knows that these cookouts are a great time and I know I look forward to attending each year, catching up with old friends and making new ones, hearing all the great treasurehunting stories(true and false) and making plans for the upcoming season.

there will be food, drinks and treasure to be had. there will be some beer but for the most part you will need to bring your own adult beverages. im hoping to have a treasure raffle, so if enough people bring some cool treasure items to raffle off we can do that. I would also like to have a treasure swap meet, bring your treasurehunting related gear or items to sell or swap and a table to set everything on.

anyone that can send pre cookout cash/check/money order donations to help with the food and misc costs please do so, I can tell you that in the past to much of the load was placed on one person. the more I get the better this cookout will be!!!!! send me a pm and I will give you the address to mail your donation to, or donations can be made as a "gift" by paypal sent to [email protected]

Saturday april 18th

The Pennwood Motor Lodge
9295 N. U.S. Highway1
Sebastion, FL (actually Wabasso)

I look forward to another great year and really hope to see a few faces that were missing last year!!!!
thanks,
seeker41

Upvote 0
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bump.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone! trembul will not be providing tables and chairs this year, anyone else care to volunteer?

chuck.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone,......were about two months away from the cookout!!!!:occasion14:

i really need a bunch of people to make pre-cookout donations so i will be able to buy food/make plans and get everything done well ahead time.
you can pay by paypal(gift) at [email protected] or by money order or check sent directly to me( pm me for my address please) thanks for whatever you can give!!!

chuck.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on, we need more people committing to the picnic with donations. Food and entertainment cost money and there is NO reason it should come out of Chuck's pocket in advance...

There were well over a hundred treasure hunters and their wives there last year, lots of food, nice door prizes and great fun. It is a chance to meet other treasure hunters and also some TreasureNet members as well...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree lets get on the wagon time is a wasting.........

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treasurehunters!!

I have only had about ten people donate by paypal, nearly 100 people attend each year.

l have raffle donations coming from first Texas products, garrett metal detectors, rtg scoops, stavr scoops, and a few others in the works

Kellyco will be there again

music will be provided by Sam millner(sp) , he sang a couple songs last year.

if anyone has access to tables and chairs please let me know!

Thanks

chuck

Last edited:
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added a scoop from Sunspot scoops to the raffle!!!

if anyone feels like contacting scuba companys, gopro, bass pro shops, etc: and asking for donations please do so.

will make another post this weekend, we're getting close!!!!

Chuck.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a few more cash donations, thank you!!! my wife will be calling capt hirams and shipwreck bar and grille tomorrow to see if they can help us out. will be posting more this sat/sun.

were only about a week away!!!!! :hello2: :occasion14: :skullflag:

chuck.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 more days!!!!!:skullflag:
talked with ray at kellyco, he will be bringing some very nice raffle donations !!!
my wife got ahold of shipwreck bar and grille, they should be getting a gift certificate to tom gidus.

i could use some one near rtg scoops in pompano that will definitely be coming to the cookout to pick up some donations from them and bring them to the cookout.

i dont know what else to ask for except for recommending that everyone bring some camp chairs in case you need them and maybe a covered dish to share, some beer for yourselves and a few friends, and maybe something for the raffle. if you have a spare folding table and can bring it please do so.

there's alot of info in my first post so, if needed go back and read that.

im sure john knows how im feeling right now, i will feel better once the party starts and everything comes together!!!!!

chuck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax Chuck, it will all come together and go well I'm sure...

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last minute requests.........

anyone have 3 6-8 foot long folding tables they can bring?

bring a side dish if you can.

bring beer for yourselves and some to share.

i will have ten round tables and chairs for each table but bring a camp(collapsible) chair in case you need it.

cant think of anything else right now.

thanks,
chuck.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
photo report will be?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes where are pictures, more were taken, let's post them..

Rodnreelerr

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,,,, Garrett Pro PinPointer,,,Garrett 250 ace w/ dd 81/2 x 11 coil
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds like a fun event, im from Palm Bay and now reside in Bradenton,,happy hunting!:thumbsup:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What happened to the 2016 Cookout?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is at top of ship wreak forum, this is last year's thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread