Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sent Chuck an email earlier today regarding his new 920iX scoop. Below are my questions and his answers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 You say it’s the most efficient scoop made. What makes it more efficient than the 720i?

I am working on the best way to explain and will put the info on our web site but basically:

1. Wider cuts in the sand helps with 10” coils to check your hole

2. In deep sand, you need to remove a lot of material fast so it does not fill back in

3. The top does not have the 90 degree lip ( ½”) which means that when you dig deep, you will not have that area causing resistance. Since the “Hem” is not as strong as the 90 degree bend, we added the 2 supports which also strengthen the back foot pad area.

4. We have ¼” support bars which are even stronger (not a huge improvement)

5. The 2 inside support ribs give strength and eliminates other ribs and or thicker metal which also allows the scoop to enter the sand with less resistance and makes the scoop light and strong.

6. This 920iX is light but due to the bite that it takes, it might not be the way to go for beginners.

2 When will the Hybrid version be available?

About 1 to 1.5 months

3 Will the 920 Hybrid have the U-bolt option like the 720 series?

I am considering this but have not decided. The tube type has a strong handle and accepts the Carbon Fiber without a problem…………. Time will tell

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is hard to make a scoop design that works for everyone at all locations. The 920ix is the closest to perfect. :icon_thumleft:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see a photo of this new scoop, not that you could pry my current scoop out of my hands. I'd like to have one with a small scoop about 4 inches wide and 6-8 inches deep to work in narrow rocks around rocks at the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread