May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bhid is less expensive and has a larger coil. If I were to start over I thinks the whites at a lower cost could be tempting, allowing the savings to go to back up machine. Also have to consider where its used. White Bid has trouble with black sand or so I've heard. Probably going to come down to your preference.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cz-21 with 8" coil for wading and diving. I wasn't aware of the coil floating problem with the CZ, mine doesn't float, but I do run control on the rod in water and hip mounted on wet sand. Cannot comment on other machine, having never used one.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cz-21 with 8" coil for wading and diving. I wasn't aware of the coil floating problem with the CZ, mine doesn't float, but I do run control on the rod in water and hip mounted on wet sand. Cannot comment on other machine, having never used one.

You may have misunderstood the floating coil is a reference to whites BHID.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are both good machines and I would think the deciding factor is where and how you intend to use it. The Whites is known to be smooth. It is lighter than the CZ, so unless you intend on hip mounting the controls, it is an easier detector to use in the dry for long periods. The downside is you need to overlap your swings more with the Whites as it has a narrow target field under the coil. I am not sure about depth, but suspect the CZ might have a small edge. Be careful when you look at frequency. I don't think that is as important as what is in the guts of the detector and how it interrupts the disruptions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread