Getting my butt kicked so far

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have about 50 hrs on my new to me Excalibur 1000. I've been hitting the beaches of Southern So Cal with another excal 1000 owner who has about 200 hrs. Although he finds a bit more than I do at this point I'm pretty much getting squat other than clad. I have done my homework and he told me how he's set up. I mimic him since he does rather well hunting in PP with a slightly audible threshold. Volume full tilt. Sensitivity less than 1/2 way.
I don't know if it's just the off season since so cal really hasn't been hit w/any storms but one and the beaches aren't as crowded. I went out by myself yesterday for a number of hrs & started talking w/another guy detecting on the beach w/an Excal II. He said that from Early/mid August til late Oct. he scored SIXTY rings of various metals/values. From then on he is hardly getting anything. Now either he's pulling my leg & using a fib to try to deter me away or it's down time for jewelry at the beach. We've been hitting low tides and going thigh deep as well. I run zig zags from the moist sand to thigh deep and back. Lots of beer twist tops/ aluminum can heads and penny's but no gold for me yet. My buddy has pulled 5 decent rings thus far( 3 were clipped together). SIGH. This Sunday we are stepping it up. Getting the wet suits out and going chest deep. Figure the majority of beach guys go about knee deep at best. Wish me luck. :BangHead: Any of you excal guys have helpful advice?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
It wouldn't of been SO bad but the hole's in the cheese all lined up. Come to find out, when I was at the dr office they took a chest xray and found that I have some scarring on my lungs from pneumonia yrs ago. Maybe that combined with the dust from the 4x trip plus the serious exhaustion from 10 hrs of beach sweeping got the best of me. It's been a week to the day now and I still have a nagging cough. Out of meds so now it's up to my body. I'm staying low for another week or so before i venture out again. Now my back is bugg'n from laying in bed for 6 days...

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep, there is one thing I found that helped the most, WATER, I drank five times as much as I normally do, it helps thin the mucus so you can cough it up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Things will definitely turn around. The beach is a "living organism" in perpetual flux; we can capitalize on this fact to find great finds.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Well, I'm feeling better. Went to Laguna beach the other day for a change. Didn't get much other than coins but did see about 30 of the most gorgeous 19-25 yr old women walking around in supermodel swim suit fashion. That was good enough for me.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well NO WONDER you didn't find any rings. You were too busy looking at the girls.

Oh, and for $50 bribe for each of us forumites, we can agree to keep this post from falling into the hands of your wife. I accept paypal :)

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Well NO WONDER you didn't find any rings. You were too busy looking at the girls.

I have passed a detector before over some girls...........there is GOLD in those hills!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread