Whites BHID 300 not very popular?

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering why there isn't much input on this detector even though it has been around for a while.
I live in MA in the Cape Cod area. There is some black sand here and there on some beaches as well as some Hot Rocks but I'm not sure if the beaches here are considered heavily mineralized as the beaches on the West coast. The Fisher CZ21 operates on similar frequencies as the BHID 300, is almost $300. more but doesn't have the LED lights that operate in All Metal Mode which would definitely help. Not sure how they compare depth wise in All Metal. Sorry Minelab but this veteran wants to do business here in the US only whenever possible. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I plan on purchasing a water machine this March.
Thanks,
Tom

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Whites makes a bracket like this to keep the coil stable under water.

image-928035739.jpg

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites makes a bracket like this to keep the coil stable under water.

View attachment 1104078
That bracket is to keep the coil from "tipping" up while under water and out of view. Regardless of what coil/detector you're using. It also creates and adds to the drag coefficient one experiences when swinging the coil side to side. I prefer not to use one as I have a good feel for how my coil is pressed against the bottom. I also like to work the sides of gullies and sand bars and wouldn't be able to having one of those on my machine. Personnel preference.

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Mike, Mike, Mike, guess what day it is . It's you're right on day. Everything you say is true, but no machine is perfect. I use the BHID at no more than waist deep water at low tide. This gets me out quite a distance. The coil is a bit light and wants to float, but you can add a small sand filled weight to the coil held on with a plastic zip tie if most of your day will be at this depth or more. Considering the large size of the coil it would be extremely heavy on the wet sand or in the ripples if it were any heavier.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I take a 5 pound iron weight and strap it to the coil. Make sure that you use something that isnt metallic to hold the iron weight in place. Good luck we are all counting on you.

sent from a sending device.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's the same coil as the dual field. After using it for a while you get used to the buoyancy and it doesn't bother you anymore.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bracket is to keep the coil from "tipping" up while under water and out of view. Regardless of what coil/detector you're using. It also creates and adds to the drag coefficient one experiences when swinging the coil side to side. I prefer not to use one as I have a good feel for how my coil is pressed against the bottom. I also like to work the sides of gullies and sand bars and wouldn't be able to having one of those on my machine. Personnel preference.
I think that bracket would cause a huge resistance in the water...I like to be able to adjust my coil angle too.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I take a 5 pound iron weight and strap it to the coil. Make sure that you use something that isnt metallic to hold the iron weight in place. Good luck we are all counting on you.

sent from a sending device.

Lmao!!! Dude I love it when you post!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I use the Garrett Infinium L/S not the BHID. Has anyone owned both and can tell me the difference in the field? I like White’s products for obvious reasons and would consider a change.

Thank you,

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I use the Garrett Infinium L/S not the BHID. Has anyone owned both and can tell me the difference in the field? I like White’s products for obvious reasons and would consider a change.

Thank you,
Not sure what your asking but one is a PI and the other a VLF.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Tom from Mass,

It appears will live in the same general area.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions