All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting out about 2 hours in the last 2 months, I would be perfectly happy to find those pennies and any gold that was underneath them. Especially if the salter was around. Look what I found, gold ring. lol That would really get them worked up. I made plans all last week for this Saturday and had all my batteries charged, but Mama was sick and I couldn't go. I wouldn't mind digging pull tabs and nails just to get out for a few hours and charge my own batteries. The last time I got out I found 14 pennies and 5 of them were inside the dugout at the abandoned sports field, just laying there. Don't let people like this get under your skin, that just makes them happy. Finding a gold ring amongst all those pennies and saying out loud so the salter can hear; thank goodness somebody spilled all these pennies, I might have walked right past this gold ring and watch their face turn red. I probably shouldn't be thinking thoughts like this any day, but especially on Sunday.

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carry a couple rings in your pocket and if someone asks u if youre having fun digging all those pennies just show them the rings that came up with them.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carry a couple rings in your pocket and if someone asks u if youre having fun digging all those pennies just show them the rings that came up with them.

Horrible idea! Never show anything of value to anybody while hunting.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
until you got stabbed and robbed. Then that pulsing, squirting wound wouldn't feel good. Then wait for the ambulatory bill. i ALWAYS downplay. "Find anyhthing good today?" "I wish. This place should be called penny park/beach."

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was doing a property 2 months ago, found 3 silver coins and a 24 token spill along with some clad. The next day I returned to the property and discovered that the neighbor seeded the lawn with over $5.00 of mixed cents (zinc & copper). I like to look at everything in a positive manner. I gladly went through the yard (leaves on the ground) and picked up these pennies. It took me back to area I already hit, and low and behold I dug my 2nd ever IHP. 2 thoughts on this are 1: Things happen for a reason and 2: some people just can't help being an A@@.

I almost went to the perp's house and thanked him for the practice on both zinc and copper, but I would be most appreciative with more practice with gold and silver items.

Last edited:

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
until you got stabbed and robbed. Then that pulsing, squirting wound wouldn't feel good. Then wait for the ambulatory bill. i ALWAYS downplay. "Find anyhthing good today?" "I wish. This place should be called penny park/beach."

wow. where do u hunt? maybe someone should warn the people on the beach who are actually wearing the stuff out in the open. Sheesh. And someone warn max before he posts any more of those videos! Yikes! The land of nada is a dangerous place!

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would feel good tho

I totally agree. It would be the same kind of feeling you'd get when a carjacker comes up to your window and demands you get out, and you slide a sawed-off double-12 up into his face.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
And you have obviously never had to clear out a seeded spot. Basically, you don't get to hunt a lot, he does ... dont complain? Right? lol. Why should some one diminish what having to deal with a seeded spot does to the quality of their time spent hunting because there is some one else out there that can only spend 2 hours a month hunting?

If you went to your spot and found so many pennies your machine would not stop sounding off you would not be "perfectly happy". You'd be infuriated. Especially with very few precious hours available to hunt. hh gl -Joe

After getting out about 2 hours in the last 2 months, I would be perfectly happy to find those pennies and any gold that was underneath them. Especially if the salter was around. Look what I found, gold ring. lol That would really get them worked up. I made plans all last week for this Saturday and had all my batteries charged, but Mama was sick and I couldn't go. I wouldn't mind digging pull tabs and nails just to get out for a few hours and charge my own batteries. The last time I got out I found 14 pennies and 5 of them were inside the dugout at the abandoned sports field, just laying there. Don't let people like this get under your skin, that just makes them happy. Finding a gold ring amongst all those pennies and saying out loud so the salter can hear; thank goodness somebody spilled all these pennies, I might have walked right past this gold ring and watch their face turn red. I probably shouldn't be thinking thoughts like this any day, but especially on Sunday.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are people who have nothing in their lives - very sad!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
I was doing a property 2 months ago, found 3 silver coins and a 24 token spill along with some clad. The next day I returned to the property and discovered that the neighbor seeded the lawn with over $5.00 of mixed cents (zinc & copper). I like to look at everything in a positive manner. I gladly went through the yard (leaves on the ground) and picked up these pennies. It took me back to area I already hit, and low and behold I dug my 2nd ever IHP. 2 thoughts on this are 1: Things happen for a reason
Like I said. Good for you Loco...

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Im in San Diego. I can tell you that you can be in Beverly Hills or Compton, it doesn't matter. It just takes some douche bag to ruin your day. In San Diego it goes both ways. There are sketchy people. I was detecting a park in El Cajon ( a city in the eastern part of San Diego County) and as I was leaving 3 cholo's were nearby and were mad dogging me. These weren't 17 yr olds looking for something to do, they were 35+ OG gangster with tats all over there faces. I QUICKLY made my way to my car and split fast like. Also you DONT go to Imperial Beach to detect. It is VERY gang oriented and it's the city closest to the TJ border.
It's a matter of being smart and being safe. I asked a cop one time how big a knife I could be allowed to openly carry. He said as long as your not in trouble, you won't BE in trouble. Not really sure what that meant.
If I metal detect ANYWHERE at night I go with another detectorist at the least. We ea carry small hip mounted pocket knives and he often carries his side arm that he is licensed to carry. Would you like it if you were out detecting and some drunk/high idiot(s came up to you robbed you of your detector and everything else? That would BLOW!
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

Last edited:

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in San Diego. I can tell you that you can be in Beverly Hills or Compton, it doesn't matter. It just takes some douche bag to ruin your day. In San Diego it goes both ways. There are sketchy people. I was detecting a park in El Cajon ( a city in the eastern part of San Diego County) and as I was leaving 3 cholo's were nearby and were mad dogging me. These weren't 17 yr olds looking for something to do, they were 35+ OG gangster with tats all over there faces. I QUICKLY made my way to my car and split fast like. Also you DONT go to Imperial Beach to detect. It is VERY gang oriented and it's the city closest to the TJ border.
It's a matter of being smart and being safe. I asked a cop one time how big a knife I could be allowed to openly carry. He said as long as your not in trouble, you won't BE in trouble. Not really sure what that meant.
If I metal detect ANYWHERE at night I go with another detectorist at the least. We ea carry small hip mounted pocket knives and he often carries his side arm that he is licensed to carry. Would you like it if you were out detecting and some drunk/high idiot(s came up to you robbed you of your detector and everything else? That would BLOW!
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it...

yeah id definitely be packing if i was hunting at nite. or maybe all the time if i hunted there.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. where do u hunt? maybe someone should warn the people on the beach who are actually wearing the stuff out in the open. Sheesh. And someone warn max before he posts any more of those videos! Yikes! The land of nada is a dangerous place!
I was thinking the same thing...all those gold wearing tourists at the beach and some ones going to mess with a raggedy detectorist with a stainless steel scoop in his hand. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build your self a sand sifter you can cover a larger area
A "penny" signal I got at the beach one time turned out to be a religious medallion that was 14K mixed with copper!

I have also run across grassy areas full of pennies but I don't think anyone deliberately put them there.
I have had a guy walk in front of me throwing pennies down laughing, I told him to throw hundred dollar bills and not to be such a cheapskate.

With all the digging tools we carry you would think the idiots would leave us alone! Lol! image.jpg

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go detecting to relax and have fun, not to be checking my six every other second. If I had to do that just once, I would leave and never return.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2 cents. Never post about salted beaches, it only encourages others (or the same individual) to do the same once they know they have your goat. Just go about business as usual.

usmc1361

Aug 8, 2014
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha. WOW. The guy has absolutely revealed himself to be jealous, petty and carrying what is likely very low self image (along with a bunch of pennies). You guys will rake in the pennies and still get the good stuff, wake up the next day and be happy to go out again. He however, will wake up and still have to be him.

And he will be out his jar of pennies. haha

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I'm saying is don't let people like this get under your skin. If I get out 3 times a week or two hours every two months, my time is extremely valuable to me because I have so little time to detect. I'm always pressed for time but I refuse to let the actions of an idiot spoil what little time I have to detect. Just move on, he can't salt the entire area.

And you have obviously never had to clear out a seeded spot. Basically, you don't get to hunt a lot, he does ... dont complain? Right? lol. Why should some one diminish what having to deal with a seeded spot does to the quality of their time spent hunting because there is some one else out there that can only spend 2 hours a month hunting?

If you went to your spot and found so many pennies your machine would not stop sounding off you would not be "perfectly happy". You'd be infuriated. Especially with very few precious hours available to hunt. hh gl -Joe

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It could be worse: wire, fishing weights, pull tabs, bottle tops, etc. I would scoop them all up while they are shallow. Like Auriemma said, money is money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions