🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
between a new CTX3030 or a used Xcal/Etrac combo which would you choose. CTX does both but is only one unit. The combo is two machines and both dedicated to its purpose. If one of the combo units is down I have the other as backup. I would also have to learn 2 machines as opposed to one. I would also save around $600 going the used combo route. What do you all think? Mike

Upvote 0

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found mine on a metal detecting bulletin board's classified ads. There always seems to be several on craig's list. Seems like there is always someone who can't get through the learning curve.

Get the serial numbers, check warranty expiration dates and use credit card through Paypal or similar service. Split the fee if necessary as it is a protection for both parties.

Mine was a 3 month old machine, hands free, grey ghost headphones, alkaline battery pack. 1650 delivered.

I was looking at a used excal but by the time I would get done with modifications, harness, etc, I would have had 1200 to 1300 in it.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alright fellas, here it is. I just pulled the trigger on a beautiful used CTX3030 with 2 1/2 years warranty left on it for an amazing price. It's the machine in my heart that I always truly wanted but was always out of reach. I will eventually get a modded Excal though, cause their just awesome. Thanks guys, GL HH Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread