Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After reading about shallow water hunting, I think I want to get the ol' detector wet this spring and give it a shot. It sounds like a good way to expand my hunting. If floods have occurred in a specific area for good hunting, would this be a bad thing? Would this have washed away valuable items, or possibly just collected more? I'm thinking of this bend in a local creek that runs directly beside a historic village built in the 1700's. The village is off limits because of its National Historic Registry and is now a tourist attraction that you pay to walk through. On the opposite side of the creek is our town park, so accessing to creek is very easy. A few years ago I took my daughter down to the park to see the flood. We could just see the top of the pavilion roof in the water. The flood had been at least 10ft high. Is it likely floods would have washed all the goodies away?

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two ways of looking at it, what gets washed away has to be washed away to somewhere else. On another note, I use to hunt in the river just below a damn and even after years of heavy flood waters I was still finding old jewelry and coins in that river. Each time it flooded it just kept exposing more stuff as the bottom got turned over and stirred up. Won't know until you try...."if it's legal?"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions