A cabin fever story

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's snowing outside, the white fluff covering the landscape reminding me of a sprawling sand dune. This sand dune makes me think of a beach. The beach makes me think of the ocean and warm sunshine. In my mind I'm metal detecting now.

I've never seen sand fall from the sky, never seen a thick forest of trees growing on a beach. But right now, in these moments, it's happening. What a strange and unusual beach.

There's a creek winding through the landscape, reminds me of one of those classic beach cuts that we all hope to find, deep and penetrating, exposing those firmer layers where gold is likely to be lying in wait. Must be low tide.

It's one o'clock in the morning and I'm considering a night hunt, no mosquitoes, that's for sure.

Eight weeks of cabin fever and this is what its come to. Yesterday I recovered a dime in the crack of the sofa and I was in heaven, put on my finds pouch and started checking all of the other furniture in the house, ended up with $1.42, an ink pen and a small toy car.

I was in the grocery store the other day, my metal shopping cart playing the role of dive boat, the produce section being a sunken galleon with its treasure spewed out all over the place. I got some really nice pieces of produce. I had to pay to hunt there but it was worth it.

I was online last night browsing ebay, saw a copy of Treasure Island for sale and I went straight into convulsions. Dog saved my life, used his long tongue to retrieve the Cheeto that was stuck in my throat while I lay flopping on the floor. Damn that dog loves Cheetos.

I'm sitting here in a loose fitting black sweatshirt, checker board flannel pajama bottoms, a gray stocking hat, and tan slippers. I have my reading glasses perched on the tip of my nose. Is this normal? Is this what a Hoosier is? I'm not sure how much more I can take.

I've been doing a lot of research lately, you know, trying to find some possible places to hunt. Not too far from me there's three different ATM machines and two banks, a couple of jewelry stores in town. Wetsuit, mask, flippers and detector........not sure that I'll be needing the snorkel.

Going to go outside now, scrap the snow and ice off the driveway to see if there's any pennies laying around.

Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man are you having D.T's or what???!!!! (Detectorist Tremors) You'd better get your butt back to Florida and dust off that machine of yours! Another week or two of this will just do you in Scoop! Laughing my buttocks off here! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I see a picture of you sitting inside a house. You can also get a visual of the underground of where you are sitting. Theres a huge treasure bigger then fort knox buried right under the very foundation of the house you are stayin in. Scoop go get a jack hammer.

sent from a sending device.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go out and buy a heat lamp, get inside, put on your shorts and sunglasses (if you can find them) and sit/lay under the heat lamp for a few minutes..... :-) Spring is around the corner you can make it......

Cliff

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling,,,

A foot of that white coldness on the ground and more to come.

Oh how I long for those warm (not hot) days when the ground is soft,, the water is flowing and the nuggets popping.

Hit

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a spiral staircase that leads down into what feels like a panic room, a big screen TV and two remotes sitting on the director's table. I feel like a secret agent every time I come down here. Desk with laptop, cat in a self-induced trance and always staring at a wall. This is the winter time lair of the evil villain, Dr. Diggn's.

It's in this underground labyrinth where Dr. Diggn's is laying plans for world metal detecting domination. Arms spread wide, head leaned back laughing...Har-har-har-har!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Circle St. Patrick's day on the calendar.(After shoveling snow.) Forget detecting till then or your hair will be all white before you dig again. No it does not work but Xing out days can be a big event each day, after shoveling snow.
Had the sun umbrella out to burn a stoogie but no sun. Just lots of fine snow and wind out of the east.
Planning a raid later to plunder beer. (after shoveling snow of course) Golf cart,hat,gloves, heavy coat goggles, cigars. I'll blend right in with the locals;after a couple beers anyway.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feel you pain! I have been sitting around "running anything I can" under my Explorer SE (pro coil) to learn the tones; I was able to purchase one for a few hundred dollars. I think this will be a great addition to my detector arsenal.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel you pain! I have been sitting around "running anything I can" under my Explorer SE (pro coil) to learn the tones; I was able to purchase one for a few hundred dollars. I think this will be a great addition to my detector arsenal.
Great Machine I think..!!

Hang in there Big Scoop....6 more weeks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions