Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I ordered the Stealth a few days ago from Sunspot. I am waiting now for it to ship. I have been using a Kellyco 6 inch two piece scoop. It is a great scoop but not for wet sand. Just to small. I have missed quite a few targets with my Excal II because of the water filling up my digs with sand before I can reach the target. I am really looking forward to this new scoop and I will follow up here and let you know how it works.

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too! Or dragging behind on a lanyard. I don't want anything strapped to my shoulder including a detector harness. Plus the DF will pick up the basket.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I still like carrying mine on my shoulderwith a strap. My scoop is not a problem being picked up by my Excal probably because I have an Anderson straight shaft on it. It has good distance from the scoop. I walk from 4 to 7 miles when I am out on the beach and I would not like to drag my scoop that far. To each their own. If it works for you that is the best. I have the 920 hybrid now. Weather is not looking to good for the next few days. I will provide feedback as soon as possible. The scoop is built like a tank.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still like carrying mine on my shoulderwith a strap. My scoop is not a problem being picked up by my Excal probably because I have an Anderson straight shaft on it. It has good distance from the scoop. I walk from 4 to 7 miles when I am out on the beach and I would not like to drag my scoop that far. To each their own. If it works for you that is the best. I have the 920 hybrid now. Weather is not looking to good for the next few days. I will provide feedback as soon as possible. The scoop is built like a tank.
Your right...no right or wrong way to carry your scoop...what works good for one person, might not for the next.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When dragging the scoop, the lines in the sand show where I've been. Helpful when griding.
In the wet sand it tends to fill up when dragging so I'll carry it by the handle. In the soft stuff I drag it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm hunting wet sand I drag mine as I usually pattern hunt in front of the higher end hotels, in the water it is 50/50 between dragging and on shoulder, depends on surf conditions and bottom conditions..

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Any review on the new scoop? I'm considering getting one to compliment my 720i
Thanks slider66!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was Max that showed me this belt bracket he made. I drag my Stealth scoop as I can see where I've been.
Scoop belt bracket..PNG

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the wet and dry sand I drag to help me grid, while in the water I use it to help stabilize myself against the waves, like a walking stick.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the 90 degree handle as when in the water I bring the basket up in short hops. But the slanted handle helps with placing the point down. I was always going to make a loop handle like on the old Miller scoops but then it would be metal and add weight. Even in shallow water I let the waves wash the sand out of the basket. Dumping sand out and spreading sand out takes time. But if you have small rocks and shells you either dump it or put your head in the basket.
Miller Scoop.PNG :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I like the new Extreme. I don't miss small targets. If I spend my time swinging my detector and get a good hit I want to make sure the small targets don't fall through the cracks. It works great for me,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions