Help request-Ponte Vedra, Fl-wedding ring recovery

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a request for help from someone in the Ponte Vedra , Fl area to recover a ring that was dropped in 10 feet of water during a wedding off a dock. The groom was putting it on his bride's finger and it fell and rolled off the dock a few months or weeks ago. The lady who asked for help is my physician's assistant and it is a member of her immediate family. She is trying to get permission from the resort manager and it is in fresh water and she wants to know how much someone would charge to recover this ring. I explained if someone had to put on scuba gear, there would probably be some time of charge for their time and equipment. If someone was local or close by and could recover this ring for a nominal fee it would be fantastic. Thanks & God bless.
I will try and check this post Saturday at the library and if not, next Monday. Thanks again for any help with this ring recovery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She appreciates your effort and I thank you for trying. You sure run into some terrible conditions sometimes.

shafergdady1

May 24, 2013
NE FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Fletch I attempted a recovery. I could not get my CTX to quiet down with all the targets down there. I feel with everything that would have to be discriminated the band would also fall in that range. I dont know if fletch noticed but there were multiple copper lines running through pvc in the muck. Im going to give it one more shot with a partner on hookah in a few weeks.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my cz-21 and did find whatever that was running under dock. It ran pretty stable and I tried 0 disc and heard 9,000 nail hits then clicked up to 1 just to knock out the nails. I did manage to get a zincoln and a dime and was impressed with that in such conditions of thick muck and zero vis

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to need a dredge to find this one.

Last edited:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP-

Feel free to have her get in touch with me. If she wants to fly me in I'm willin to give it a few days go. I'm sorta "known" for finding the "unfindable"around my area. ( Like the newlywed of 57 days who flung his band in Lake Waubesa lol... 10" plus marl and silt bottom 14' deep...low to no viz) yeah...I found it. His boats GPS put me within about 100' of the "known" location lol)...Just one of several happy endings.

Anyway. Be glad to give it a shot at no charge if she wants to try. Just pm me and I'll pass on a Cell #.

Kurt

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent your information agflit. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent this lady an email and she thinks the ring can't be found with all the metal in the water and since it's on private property, she's decided to just write the ring off as a loss. Thanks everybody for your efforts on her behalf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread