Stuck Again!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get it unstuck you can run a pencil back and forth on the zipper teeth. pencil lead is graphite it will make it open and close smoother.

Mikeguard01

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those suggestions will work. I use wax since it's water proof.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squirt lightly some WD40 or PB blaster on it and let sit for awhile or overnight...
then firmly without pulling too hard. jiggle back and forth...
once free... use the new WD silicone spray on it once every couple of weeks.

PS> you may have to spray more than once... but it will break free if use firm but gentle back forth motion.

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Could be sand. My dive boots get sand in them all the time. Ill run water over them and pull the zipper back then forward. Should break free. I use a marine lube made by crc.

sent from a sending device.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those zippers are made from pot metal of sorts, i use bakers wax just like on my Jeep zippers here in Fl.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The zipper is stuck because it has sand in it. take and put it under water and run the zipper back and forth, this work well ,I use do to unstick my dive boots.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD40 no butt's about it. Zipper's are a pair in the Butt. Like they say, soak and work it back and forth without too much pressure.

OP
OP
S

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all your replies:
I was finally able to get the zipper unstuck by soaking it in four cups of hot water (perked using the mornings left over coffee grounds). The slightly acidic hot water absorbed the salt which had crystalized between the metal pull and nylon zipper freeing it.

The jammed zipper turned out to be a blistering experience as I could not get out the lip balm that I carried in the pouch for protection against the tropical sun from (11 am to 29 pm).

As suggested, after flushing out the pouch after each use, I now open the zipper and lubiricate it with a bar of bio degradable hand soap after each use.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread