Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday I finally got to try out my new scoop. I had never visited Boca Raton beach and decided to give it a try. The beach is beautiful but it is all replenished sand. It was a little chilly about 68 at the high but a great day to be out. I was north of the Boca inlet but wanted to reach south of the inlet and walk to the pier. I never made it across to the south side of the pier because a hotel had me blocked off at the inlet to make the crossover to the other side. I did not find much other than clad and will not be posting pictures of my finds. I will however post some photos of the beach for others to see.

The new Stealth920X X-treme Hybrid is a well designed and rugged scoop. It is built to last and for sure will out live me. I found the new 1/8 x5/8 slots cut into both the bottom of of the scoop and the rear of the scoop a great design. It will allow the capture of small objects without having them fall through the bottom of the scoop. I found the weight to be minimal and with the rifle strap extremely easy to carry. The width of the scoop made it easy to get my target normally on the first scoop. I walked about 4 miles on the beach and did not find it difficult to carry. I would highly recommend this scoop to anyone who is looking for a new scoop. I bought this scoop to use with my 10 inch coil on my Excal II.
IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2107.JPG IMG_2108.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2112.JPG IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2114.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2119.JPG IMG_2115.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to be over critical but, I think some close up picks of the scoop are in order. Nice pics anyway.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
You are right I should have and will include those. IMG_2115.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2119.JPG

Last edited:

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Are you sure you were at Boca? You mention "pier" so that makes me think Deerfield Beach which is South of Boca. Boca Raton beaches are like $16/day for parking: Red Reef Park, Spanish River Park, South Beach Park. South Beach Park does have some spots which you can park by the hour, but limited to 1 hr parking, so you have to constantly refresh it.

Boca has really nice beaches. Assuming you were at Deerfield, its also very nice. I find it a bit trashy though. The north side of the pier used to be where they did numerous surfing competitions during the 70's. South side is more hotels, so each has something to offer. That place gets real interesting during low tides, there is sandbars that go way far out, neat place to hunt.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I parked at South Beach park. There was a parade and parking was limited. Yes I found the one hour beach parking which led me South beach park. It cost me 17 dollars to park for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Boca beaches are the biggest rip off. $16 a day, what a ripoff. Its fine if you have a carload of teenagers and everyone is chipping in for the day, but when your a lone wolf treasure hunter, its just over the top.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to try one of these scoops but the slits at the back look like the may clog with the wet sand.
What was your experience with that?

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
When I sift, i sift with the scoop parallel to the ground, at least at first, this gives me maximum sifting power, only toward the end do I tilt the scoop. So it requires working with the design a bit, but it works really well.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I'm using it in wet sand with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't shake wet sand, I dump it and spread with my foot.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I don't shake wet sand, I dump it and spread with my foot.

I do the same thing too. Dump it and kick it out to find the target. I would rather walk out of the water and dump it than take a chance on losing the target.I am very happy with the scoop I have been getting most of the targets on my first scoop.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slider66 , the fact that you are recovering objects on the first scoop is a very important selling point to me.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing too. Dump it and kick it out to find the target. I would rather walk out of the water and dump it than take a chance on losing the target.I am very happy with the scoop I have been getting most of the targets on my first scoop.
I meant when hunting on the wet sand I dump it out...in the water I sift it out.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chilly at 68? That's perfect beach weather!!!! Glad you like the scoop.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never saw the slits.... is that an even newer design Chuck? See now that is a GREAT idea. Im thinking the shells might clog up in that area.... but if it keeps the smaller targets in place thats cool. I really do like those slits over holes..... smart Chuck.

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Never saw the slits.... is that an even newer design Chuck? See now that is a GREAT idea. Im thinking the shells might clog up in that area.... but if it keeps the smaller targets in place thats cool. I really do like those slits over holes..... smart Chuck.

Hi,
To be honest, it was a customer's idea :notworthy:
"Ken J." enlightened me with his thoughts.

It is amazing how blind we can be and locked into old ideas.

Chuck

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Hi,

Chuck

I really like the slots. I used it for the past two days in wet sand and managed to get one ring. Shells do accumulate a little where the slots are however it does catch small targets that normally would fall out of another scoop.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an excellent design and thanks for posting the photos. Glad you listened to your customer, Chuck. That looks great.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Chuck

Since you are open to new ideas, I would like a scoop that is adaptable in the field to meet changed/unexpected conditions as follows:

1. I want to be able to change the length of the handle (Max length for waist to chin) deep water and to push back to safety if I get in too deep.
Minimum length for dry sand. or where it is necessary to drop knee to pin point target. Ideally - I would prefer a twist and extend /collapse and lock like on the Rubber Maid sponge mop. If that is not practical its length could be adjusted by taking out sections of the shaft using push pins like used on metal detector shafts/

2. I do not like hybrid design baskets as a smaller target often gets pushed out of the larger holes, unless you slow way down.
Instead I would prefer a plastic / Kevlar insert with smaller holes (all the same size) which could be snapped in or secured with screws inside the stainless steel
basket with one half inch holes for maximum drainage when necessary to retrieve smaller targets. It would be similar in function like the protective cover aka skid plate which is used to protect the bottom of search coils except that it would be inserted inside the basket to catch smaller targets when needed.

3. An adjustable angle handle from 90 degrees to standard 20 degree handle.
This could be done with different top brackets to mount the handle, or a flag holder type of fixture would could rapidly changed without tools.

I understand that implementing the above changes would be a challenge and that it might a little weight and cost a few bucks more which I am willing to pay for the wanted and needed flexibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread