Hears a huge treasure lead for yall coastal lovers everywhere!!!!!!!!

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
OK yall have about two or three weeks to get ready. Here it is SPRING BREAK 2005. Now I wont be going done to the coast but about a million of my college cohorts will be. Now other thent he 10 million beer caps and 50 million beer tabs there should be some good stuff left down there. Any one ever gone down to the beach the week after spring break? Ever find anything good?

Upvote 0

PJB (Ohio)

Jan 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to belong to the Daytona Beach metal detecting club a few years ago. Spring break is fun, but the real finds (gold) were always after BCR (Black College Reunion)... basically, it's the black colleges' spring break. LOTS of good finds then.

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was at Daytona 3 years ago during break, and hunting it was nothing spectacular. The sand there, where the water hits anyway, is so fine that stuff sinks beyond reach with just one tide change. And I hunted after they left the beaches and it seems they are pretty smart and leave most good stuff in the room, as nothing much was found but the usual small change.

PJB (Ohio)

Jan 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, like any other place on the planet, different geopgraphic location have their own idiosyncrasies and particular strategies for hunting properly. If you ever attended one of the Daytona Beach metal detecting club's meetings, you'd be highly impressed with the finds.

There's got to be somebody here from that group that can post some pictures? Are there?

Sandpiper

Jan 16, 2005
I'm on the emerald coast of Fl. Have not hunted after spring break,? but planning this year to do so. Don't know what to expect!

D

Darod

Yo Dog.....lotta bling bling............... ???

Are you sure your on the correct forum?

If your gonna hunt the spring break scene,...you'll have to hit the sand quickly after the beaches start to clear out in the evening. Particularly if the sand is as fine as was mentioned above.

Good luck to every goes up there!

Rod

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
perhaps some of the bars down there my have an outside beer garden area that they may let you check out ;D .

hey towcritter- what is that pic next to your posts ?, i've been trying to figure it out for a while ???

Pat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread