New Excal Coils Are Coming

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 3 all new low profile Excal Butterfly DD coils coming, a 10", 12.5" and 15".

I will post more info when I have the approval....

Also anyone needing current WOT or the Butterfly coils for their Sov GT or Excal let me know and I will tell you how to get them..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooohooo... wow... I am impressed... I will def be interested in all 3.
Although I will prolly sit back and wait to see what others say...
NOT...
Ill take a 15 now... preorder.

I only have one question...
WHEN ? :)
Oh wait I have 2 questions...
I have never used a detector with a "DD" coil... SO... tell me those who have... whats the differ ?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD keeps the depth across the entire coil, where concentric goes down like a cone or v. Example on 10 inch coil at its deepest it so only seeing maybe 2" wide search which is why you overlap 50% in your sweeps.

DD coil
3f22aa2da26b65b2ad3c1c131f8a8f2f.jpg

Concentric Coil
59eea9725b93b75a4c96bb172c417468.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to see the prototype coils today and they are nice, should be easy to sweep in the water with the smaller profile.... Wasn't able to test due to the rain we were getting..

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
compare the 12 to DD
or 15 to DD

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter, are they going to have the stock sovi connector, or the ones they know will be for excels have blank ends or perhaps our choice of connector?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter, are they going to have the stock sovi connector, or the ones they know will be for excels have blank ends or perhaps our choice of connector?

Stock connector, they would still have to be custom mounted..

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now i have to ask..... does that mean Kelleyco will mod a machine so you can swap coils or are these Sov coils which CAN be put on the Xcal? In other words, you have the option for which ever coil you want.... BUT you have to pay Kelleyco to put them on? TH.... have they tested the 10 butterfly....if so, how does it compare to the standard in the water? Im glad to see its being done because ive always liked the butter coils..... normally pretty stable, sensitive, and quiet. Is Kelleyco going to be the lone provider? Big step to do this since the Sov is out of production. On the negative side ..... it seemed for some machines it was like pulling teeth to get the SEF coils. I didnt see mention of a TRUE 8" since they do make one for their other machines. THAT to me would be a good addition to compete with that that tiny ML so called 8" coil. I know Kelleyco does produce SEFs for their other machines in a couple of those sizes...... are these new designs with possibly different dementions more like a NEL coil? Sorry for all the questions. I do have to give Dave and Barry an at-a-boy. We are getting better service and now they do the GGA and PP mod. All us water guys appreciate their efforts...... to go along with that, Joe (ole Beach Nut) has really taken a good machine and made it a better machine. Cant immagine what it cost him to experiment to get us what we now have available to us. Thanks Joe.

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
There are 3 all new low profile Excal Butterfly DD coils coming, a 10", 12.5" and 15".

I will post more info when I have the approval....

Also anyone needing current WOT or the Butterfly coils for their Sov GT or Excal let me know and I will tell you how to get them..

I've sold my Excal II and bought a new one with 8", 10" et WOT...... WOT (for sovereign, cheaper and I place my own connectior on it).... WOT has not been shipped yet .. how much?

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frog you using the CTX connector to swap coils? All we would need would be a coupler that fit both the CTX and Sov connectors. Then once you put the CTX connector on the coil both machines would benefit from the coils.

Honestly TH..... you need to convince them to do the 6X8" since they are doing all these coils. That would really compete with the ML coil. Ill have to follow the 10".... it will be competing with both the ML slimline and Sov coils...... have to say, i like the Sov coil used on the Xcal over the slimline.... just more durable and smoother i think and not sure im not getting a little more depth in PP with it.

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Frog you using the CTX connector to swap coils? All we would need would be a coupler that fit both the CTX and Sov connectors. Then once you put the CTX connector on the coil both machines would benefit from the coils.

Honestly TH..... you need to convince them to do the 6X8" since they are doing all these coils. That would really compete with the ML coil. Ill have to follow the 10".... it will be competing with both the ML slimline and Sov coils...... have to say, i like the Sov coil used on the Xcal over the slimline.... just more durable and smoother i think and not sure im not getting a little more depth in PP with it.

No, on the exca I'm using "real" waterproof connectors from FISCHER. They are hot swapable underwater up to 1000ft. I use exca for "deep diving" so when I go down, I always take an other coil with me in case I need to check rocky areas.

When my CTX will be out of Warranty, I will also change the connectors (M-12 8 Pins) + USB connector/cap by Fischers one.

fischer connectors.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, here is what I can say.

The coils although they have a butterfly shape are same size all the way around, not like the current SEF 12x15. So 10" is 10 inches and 15" is 15 inches all the way around.

There will be a 6" coil....

They will be available for other models of Minelab as well as other brands.

The 10", 12.5" and 15" for excals will not have a connector on them but one can be installed if needed for a Sov.

Although relucent to install a waterproof connector because of the resistance added and the possibility of leaks, one could probably be put on if requested.

They will only be sold through one distributer...

No prices are known at this time.

(I can only release what I am allowed to release.)

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for Posting TH...:icon_thumright:
Praises to KellyCo for going out for the Sovereigns and Excaliburs..My Guess is it was Daves Idea...And a Good One..

Dew
I think these M12-4's will work fine. I did about 200 hours on one machine last year with them, no issues. I left that Xcal in Chicago so on my trips there all I have to do is carry a coil on the flight. I was very pleased with the Souriau connector last year with over 700 hours but it was showing signs of wear from the constant changing of coils and the back and forth movement, side pressure in the water. So here is the M12-4 for the Excalibur, I have decided just to do maybe 5 this year, get them out there to be tested...And maybe if all goes well I can make a trip to KellyCo and sell them on the idea..I have talked to LostitemRecovery also and he is all for the idea once they have proven themselves. And the good, they are very affordable...

OBN0351.jpg OBN0349.jpg

And all 5 endcaps have been spoken for, I did spread them out around the country to test in different areas, Florida 2, Minnesota, California. Illinois 2 and Maryland

Forgot, one in Maine also.....

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi OBN :-)

Thanks for this photo! Can you just remind me the usable width of the plastic cap to place 2 connectors please ;-) I'm going to see Fischer factory on friday and I forgot the size...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread