CLASS RING

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the beach with CMTOYS (Chris) . I just got my TDI Pro back from Whites. One of the knobs was causing it to go wacko. One second it was quiet then all of a sudden it just started screaming.. So this was the first time that I really got to use it. The tide was out and I was just doing the wet to the water line. I got a hit. The beach that I was at has very little sand in the wet. So just past what sand there was is clay. Kinda hard diggin' . It was down about 4 inches in the clay. The center of the ring was packed with clay. I really didn't know what I had until I broke up the clay and I saw the gold band . Before that all I had been diggin' was can slaw and bottle tops. So when I saw this I got jazzed. Chris was down the beach a ways. I thought he could see me so I did a little happy dance. Just to let him know. Ok OK I did more than one happy dance. Anyway here it is. It is really worn. You can hardly make out the intials inside. It's 10k and weighs 11.5 grams. I am going to try and find the owner, but it is going to be really hard because of the wear on the ring. Thanks for lookin' HH GFP

Attachments

• DSC00169_edited-1.JPG
    DSC00169_edited-1.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00172_edited-1.JPG
    DSC00172_edited-1.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man that ring is very worn, huh? Nice find.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a very nice find...be interesting if you did find the owner and the store of it's loss. But she sure looks worn, looks like 65 and up class ring? Any date on it..

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says University of Illinois 1967. You weren't far off. The part that is really hard to read is inside the band.

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I got back from the University of Illinois. Hi,
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do. It would be impossible to findthe owner of that ring. TaqueraCITES Help DeskEarlier I said the date on the ring was 1967. After cleaning it and using a loop, it really is 1867. That is the date the school opened. The ring also weighed 11.5 grams

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread