All this and now I can not detect :nopity::help:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nearing 150 roof collapses; 10 feet of snow; only one day above normal temps; only 4 detecting days this year and now THIS:

Ice as far as the horizon...pictures taken today February 28th Cape Cod, MA.

That is ocean water...BOY CAN I WALK ON IT! But then I would have to change my username to IceWalker...no thanks that wet salt water below the ice is COLD. If I am not frozen out of the water there is so much sand in / or off the sand dunes all targets are covered. Last 3 hours spent in the water yielded one penny, one sinker and an old 1929 wedding band.

Anyone in warmer waters have room for me? I would have gone to Cancun last week, if it had not been for so many flights cancelled and / or delayed let alone airport parking space.

And the weatherman just said that the Astronomical Spring starts TOMORROW...what about summer?
I give up, back to hibernating, I'll set the alarm for July 4th and hope for the best.

Attachments

• ice1.jpg
    ice1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Ice2.jpg
    Ice2.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I feel your pain!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi WaterWalker; I'm with you on this one. I'm in Boston. This is just plain CRAZY. !!! More snow tomorrow. 4 - 6". Could put us over the top for Snowiest Winter "EVER." PEAE:RONB

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty darn Frozen. Good Pics! ....Hope you find lot's of Treasure !!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want anything to do with it!! That's just crazy!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think I was getting a little home sick:laughing7:
I'll wait a few weeks to visit , when that saltwater thaws!
Ca rained a little today no surf but 60 degrees...... no complaints!
Stay warm will be over ...... soon?!!

SnT

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want some exercise, take a drive to Nauset (Orleans) Beach. No ice on the wet sand near the water. You need a strong,rugged scoop. Lots of rocks mixed with sand. I bring a shovel and my pin pointer. Slim pickins with my DFX. But better than watching the "boob tube". I've lived in MA for 65 yrs. can't remember any winter like this. Even worse than blizzard of '78. Better days are not to far away. I'll be ridin my Hog in 6 weeks.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Cant imagine....Here in San Diego it's rain for the next 6 days... Feel my pain?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forecast is for 81 degrees for the next four days here in central Florida...sorry. :laughing7:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had our share, BUT, nothing like this. If you consider being in the 30's and 40's? We're now in the 70's. Spring Break is around the corner. :coffee2:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
WaterWalker

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I have done Orleans, Florida, the Boston area, Rhode Island, San Diego and many other places and I have to agree with Capser -- with one additional work "It ALL Suuuuuks" this winter.

If it is not the cold and snow it is the sand and heat, red tide, sharks, clam diggers itch, frozen ground...time to head south and take up dirt digging! Ah, but then they have ticks, snakes, poison ivy, rain. And they tell me better days are yet to come. I'll just hibernate and wait.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread