Big waves and serious undertow question.

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some help from those of you who deal with big waves and strong undertow on a regular basis. I am down in Punta Cana for 3 more days and I have yet to get even 1 signal while in the water. The waves are smashing me on 1 side and the undertow going back out is amazing strong. I have tried the water 4 times for about 3 hours total and nothing. I dropped a coin on purpose just to see what the out going wave would do and it moved at least 10 feet out to sea b4 the next incoming wave stopped it from being gone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have done well in the sand. I found my first platinum/18k ring and 1 other ring along with a silver crucifix. Sorry but no pictures.

Upvote 0

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
French side or Dutch side? Did you tried the sister Island Anguilla's 5* resorts beaches... i did a few free air detections over there, and trust me it's "Las Vegas". You have to go there by private boat and keep your detector as discreet as you can in front of the resorts...
View attachment 1127802 View attachment 1127803

Saint Barthelemy island needs to be cleaned as well ;-)

I hit Dutch side - was only there I think 5 days - very stormy but I got some goodies
all water finds - most was from 2 days at one beach - wasted time at 3-4 other beaches
but know where to go and where not to next time

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Holly SxxxT Casper, your closing to places where I'm used to hunt :BangHead: Maybe that's why I found Dutch side was not productive at all anymore :notworthy:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper did you even sleep
I actually don't hunt on my trips as much as I could - my gal always goes and I have to spend time with her
will usually do some sight seeing - some horse back riding and always have sunset dinners together
I get most of my hunting in from 6am to 11am --if crowds thin (usually when dinner is served) - will jump in before sunsets

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper tried to send you pm and your box is full.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually don't hunt on my trips as much as I could - my gal always goes and I have to spend time with her
will usually do some sight seeing - some horse back riding and always have sunset dinners together
I get most of my hunting in from 6am to 11am --if crowds thin (usually when dinner is served) - will jump in before sunsets

It's a shame Madame is with you during your detection trip...just can't imagine how you could perform if you had more time...:laughing7:
974681exca3.jpg

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look like a walrus in my wetsuit. Hope nobody ever takes my photo. lol

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I look like a walrus in my wetsuit. Hope nobody ever takes my photo. lol

It's not a place where you take care of your appearence....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread