Excal mods pay

Oldroy

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought an older excal on Craig's list and the first time out the pots on the volume and sensitivity were shot. So I sent it to Lost items Recovery
to check it out, he said it was repairable so I ordered a WOT coil, pinpoint switch, & Grey Ghost headphones, Dave fixed it all up and today I got out for an hour.
Dave did a great job and it all paid off with an 11.6 gram 18 kt ladies ring w/small diamonds. I can't wait to actually learn how to use the exca ring.JPG l.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Lost item recovery looks like the service station for Excals in the US. Whish I could have this service quality in Europe....

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Great find

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ring Roy....!! And some fine Mods to that machine! Got any pictures of the machine?

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you already know how to use an Excal - that is a beautiful find!
I also have an Excal with WOT coil, and had to use a "detecting buddy" because of the weight. What type shaft are you using?

OP
OP
O

Oldroy

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its on an Anderson shaft, the balance isn't bad but the weight will take some adjusting to as I build up strength. Right now, an 1 hour & half
wears me down. I'll take a picture later & post it OBN, I have a lot to learn about this machine. The ring was just a whisper at maybe 12 inches.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a gorgeous gold ring find, Roy!

Congratulations on great detecting with your "new" machine.
Lorraine

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure was Sponge! That was the only signal for the day and was exhausting to dig all of them from the same hole and have to sort through. After 6 hrs I just wished it was a penny. Some days are just not that good I guess but there is always better day's. Oh well.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Yep i know the feeling. I had to buy a trailer and wench to get a treasure chest i found. What a ***** that was. If i knew it was so much work i would have never started this sick hobby. Miss the days of sitting and waiting for a bite. Lol

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost item recovery - I'm interested in talking to you about my excaliber II. Do you have an email?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread