Where would you go?

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok, so I work for a major airline and get to travel anywhere in the 50 states for FREE and anywhere in the world pretty much and only pay 50.00 in taxes and sometimes a gas rate that isn't much.
My question is, if this was you, where would you go to hunt? Where are some great beaches? I'm thinking of going to South Beach FL for a few days. I've thought about Maui but have heard that it's pretty much a skunk job there. I want to hunt safe, and looking for tourist destinations/hotspots ... Idea's, opinions?

Upvote 0

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
From my travel trips, I find mid summer is the best time to hit the beaches. Just about anywhere you go people have been detecting those beaches before you arrive and after you leave. It's all about luck. My best finds have been in Cancun. Most USA beaches are hit hard by locals and travelers like your self. In the last 5 years I have seen a big increase in the detecting hobby. I'm going to Barcelona Spain next month with both my Excals. From what info. I have found about the beaches It's like going to Florida beaches to detect. Good luck,have a good time and if you find some bling look at it as a bonus. Joe

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could go almost anywhere for that cheap it would definitely be ANYWHERE besides south Florida if you want a safe place to go.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my travel trips, I find mid summer is the best time to hit the beaches. Just about anywhere you go people have been detecting those beaches before you arrive and after you leave. It's all about luck. My best finds have been in Cancun. Most USA beaches are hit hard by locals and travelers like your self. In the last 5 years I have seen a big increase in the detecting hobby. I'm going to Barcelona Spain next month with both my Excals. From what info. I have found about the beaches It's like going to Florida beaches to detect. Good luck,have a good time and if you find some bling look at it as a bonus. Joe

Have you heard that even though TH'ers get away with it - that metal detecting is supposedly against the law in Spain?
and some have run into the wrong law enforcement in the past

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Have you heard that even though TH'ers get away with it - that metal detecting is supposedly against the law in Spain?
and some have run into the wrong law enforcement in the past
I guess you didn't get the memo. EVERYTHING that's ever been lost anywhere in the world belongs to Spain....

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
South beach is hammered, skip that, I live here so speaking from experience, as for Maui my friend there finds 100's of gold rings a year there. I'm headed for Cancun myself tomorrow. Wanna join me? Good luck, Finderzzs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread