Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a trip to the hospital. (though a land hunt - posting here cause I was using my water machine)
I decided to try my CZ21 in the dirt - for years I been saying that it was great in the water on lead and iron
At the end of the day on a large relic hunt down south - I was hunting with a group of friends I drove with- we had hit the south western end of the property early and one of the guys had heard they got
some buttons at the very northern end - so we headed up there. We all went off in different directions - I ended up running into an old friend from another group and a few other guys. Told them I had done good in the morning - they hadn't gotten much.
I was on top of a small bluff and working my way down. There was another hunter about 20 yards away from me.
I was swinging away and watching him swing. Next thing I know - I went down like a ton of bricks - I should not saw "I know" cause I blacked out for a few seconds I think from the whiplash I got when I hit the ground - it happened so fast and I didn't even have time to break my fall..
Other hunter came running to my side asking if I was okay. I was slumped over a dead tree and thought I was impaled. I was on my knees and looked down and saw I was being supported by a dead branch that looked like it was going into my chest. I pulled myself off it and started to pull pieces of dead wood from side of my chest. Other hunter asked again if I was okay - I looked back and saw that I had tripped on a piece of barbwire that was under the leaves and about an inch off the ground. I was dazed from the fall and could see my shirt was ripped - my chest stung and hurt a little, but I had visions of being stuck on that branch and having to be taken to a hospital. I heard a car horn and thought it was my guys ready to head back to the hotel. I met my crew at the suv and told them what happened. I looked at the shirt holes and could see I was bleeding - I had blood running down my side from the larger cut (pic is after clean up) , but it seemed to have stopped. As I was talking to my friend Dan about it, I was taking off my equipment and noticed I had two gouged scratches down the box of my CZ21. Now the CZ21 is a heavy machine to swing mounted on its handle. Usually you would hip mount it for land/out of the water, but with all the walking and crawling through the brush I was doing - I decided to wear it on my chest. So my box was over my left breast. Had I had it anywhere else - that branch would have got me in the heart area. I would have easily broke ribs or worse. You can see that the branch hit the box and slid off and caught me under my armpit instead. My CZ21 took that full force hit and came out with just those scratches - which says a lot for the product too. I did well with it find wise in the hunt and it took a beating and is still ticking..and so am I.
2thumb.gif
- got to wonder how many other machines would have taken that hit with out needing repairs
(out of about 175 people on this hunt - I was in about the top 10% for good finds using my CZ21 and this was against guys using all the top of the line relic machines out there - others had laughed when we started hunt that I had chosen a water machine for a relic hunt- they think differently now)

DSCN0600.JPG
DSC00004.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I didn't mean anything by it, I just get defensive when non hunters blame hunters for stuff without knowing...if the landowner thinks they did it, then they probably did...Like when squirrels dig up a park and a non detectorist blames it on someone with a detector...I know you weren't attacking hunters...Glad that CZ saved you from serious injury...makes me proud to own one.
All my local friends are hunters and most guys I work with are - I was always more into target shooting - so good I thought it totally unfair if I was to hunt

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your one lucky DUDE! I know your always aware of your surroundings. Glad you OK!
Always aware in the water - well there was this one time - but was on a bluff and was watching hunters around me than what was a foot

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your Ok Casper who knows what of happened if it didn't go off the side of the 21, glad your ok casper.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Definitely your lucky machine in more ways than one. Glad your CZ 21 is ok. Jk... glad "you're" ok and can hunt another day!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are okay Casper could have been much worse, needless to say i love CZ-20 weight and all built to last.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Good read felt like i was there. Glad you were not impaled. There is a danger aspect to this hobby thats for sure. Oh and those finds are freakin awsome

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness you are okay. You're not lucky Casper, you are blessed.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your ok Casper.I've owned a cz-20 for many years now and I've found tons of coins and relics with it.I think I've used it in the water less than 10 times lol It is a beast and very ruggedly made.It quit working on me recently and I keep putting off sending it in to be fixed.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tripping happens.

I've tripped on a root, falling backwards, holding a running chainsaw at face height.

Hope you went back and cut the trip wire.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
private property - Im a "yankee" - hunt was down south - could get shot or worse for cutting it even if a hazard

Tripping happens.

I've tripped on a root, falling backwards, holding a running chainsaw at face height.

Hope you went back and cut the trip wire.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your ok, hope the CZ at lest gets fresh batteries for a reward!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper I'm glad your OK. With Earth's gravity you were traveling at 120 MPH when you landed.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper I'm glad your OK. With Earth's gravity you were traveling at 120 MPH when you landed.
It was so fast and immediate - its not like I stumbled or even saw the ground coming up - it was like BANG - shook my head and looked down at my chest and said -"how did I get here" - Guy near by said "Holy s**t ...are you ok?" friend of his told me he told him of the incident and also was scared I was impailed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread