deformed beach by machinery and storms any ideas where to hunt

chimzar

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i came to holiday in Italy to detect some beaches and found that all beaches are deformed from buldozers and storms, can anyone please give me some idea where to hunt - yeasterday i was hunting on tide line but nothing, so i went on dry sand betwen dunes which are on some other beach than photos i posted and there are a lot of coins, some of them are lying around uncovered that you see it with bare eyes :), but since i would like to find some gold i would ask you guys for some good advice, thank you for answer in advance - wish you all the Best luck at metal detecting :) 20150317_081457[1].jpg 20150317_081448[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20140630_090651[1].jpg
    20140630_090651[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IN THE WATER

OP
OP
C

chimzar

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was in water but i have a feeling that it is all over sanded, cause they are pushing all extra sand from beach to sea, i was in water (shallow water) but nothing is beeping not even garbage or maybe i am not going far enough.

sonofdust

Jan 30, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chimzar, Try detecting the towel line.
GL& HH

OP
OP
C

chimzar

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sonofdust i will try that tumorow today i have some problems with detector some chattering wherener i put the coil even in air and was very anoying i tried everything -reset, groundbalancing all posible ways, frequency change, coil cover removing- just sensitivity to lowest helped, i hope they are just batteries even thought they were on 3 out of four and when they went to 2 the chattering was even louder so i hope it is just this problem. o i forge to mention i own Garret AT Pro.

OP
OP
C

chimzar

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or maybe it was Sunstorm i check it for joke on spaceweather.com and guess what? It is one of a big sunstorm going on it could be the reason too beside batteries i will see it tomorow. Have a nice day every one.

OP
OP
C

chimzar

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol and it is the Biggest solar storm of current cycle :D i guess AT Pro is also great at solar storm detecting ;)

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-
Go into the local shop and get a postcard of the beach when it's full- study that for where people are all hanging out.
Concession stands, volleyball, exits, showers etc.

If you have already found an area of coins concentrate there for a good while also.
Also, If you find any fishing weights, detect hard there- the heavies can be found together.

Good luck

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Replacing the batteries with new sometimes helps the stability of the detector. If you are unsure where to detect on a large new beach, sometimes walking in a straight line from the water to the edge of the sand is a good idea. You will only have detected a few feet wide along this line, but it might be a good indicator of where the heavies are. If you get a good hit, go in circles around that point to see if there are other targets in a patch. You said something interesting about coins in one area. If you are getting the 1 euro coins in a concentrated area (not bad by itself), that can also be a prime area for gold.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Again-

After you study those postcards try this also-

In your first pic there is a rock breaker wall to the right of the marquee going out to sea.heres

As you go over there there is a trough on the right- the darker sand- check there for thirty minutes- twenty targets all metal.

Watch your tide charts. Two hours before low tide start searching all along those rocks. If you have a pinpointer thats
cool, otherwise use the detector and a long screwdriver- alumium cans all day-

That rock out- crop can be like bedrock or the riffles on a sluice box. It catches stuff. Watch out for glass and rats!
Worth it though!

And don't stand around with your mouth open- dig dig dig- easy 200 targets in 8 hours with a pointer, half without. Keep EVERYTHING.

If anyone asks what you are doing- you are looking for my car keys- I am nearly sure I lost them there!

Post the pictures , and best of luck!

From Dublin on St Patricks Day!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions