jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Swinging for the fences

Since my MD was out for mod upgrades (thanks OBN), I was going through serious beach detecting withdraws so I had to take my AT Gold to the beach. As you all know, the AT Gold is NOT a beach machine. It is deathly afraid of salt water & most anything with alkaline & it let me know. Sticking to the dry stuff isn't very fun but I did what I had to do. Using the 8.5" coil wasn't a fun thing either. It's awesome in parks & fields but at the beach it's down right & literally painful.. I had to walk like I was from the "Walking Dead" & had to swing twice as fast & pay 2x the attn for signals. Nothing deep but I did get about 15.00 in coin drops & a low end ring. All in about 5 hrs. It was Monday 3am, on a holiday weekend. Went back the next night Tues 4am & didn't get hardly anything. The towel line was pulled out & I'm sure some other MD'er got the rest.
I sure can't wait til I get my Excal back.... I'm getting the shakes Joe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean.... I spend 1% of my time in the dry sand, 2% in the wet sand and 97% in the water. The 3% of the time I'm out of the water I am wishing I was in the water. Your Excel will be back and you'll be back in business soon. :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there buddy, you were one of my last for the year. Keep me informed..I'm turning all the rest over to Dave Lostitemrecovered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions