🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But got out and got small old cold gold
water temp 36
air temp 46
went to a large beach with a few small cuts filled with water(one was chest deep)
- getting into the ocean itself was out of the question (this is just as tide was going back out)
DSC00006.jpg
(had to severely crop pic so I would not get scolded)
there were like a dozen other hunters out - by coincidence I was staying at same place that Waterwalker was - I had told him I was thinking of doing an over nighter and he said he'd be there too. We went out to dinner with him and his wife sunday night - lots of treasure stories told and we talked plan of attack for Monday - Sunday- the day before beach was hit with a small blizzard- 40-50 mile winds and snow
Monday winds died to around 10 mph and sun was out - heat wave
first signal was faint and pulled sil. Washinton from about 1 1/2 feet down - got pumped - thought I was going to kill it
but guys that live out there been pounding this beach for last few weeks - easy for them - they live out there - I live 2+ hrs away from this spot
clad I was getting was just as faint and just as deep.
A few older coins were found - WaterWalker got 3 indian heads and 2 buffalos - I was surprised he got no old jewelry from the hole he was in with those oldies, but rocks were really hard to contend with he said - I could not get in there because my gal went for a drive with his wife and took with her my water scoop my wet jacket and my 7mm water gloves - I had suited up for shallows and wet sand
Others were using ATX's, CTX's and Excals from what I could see
I hunted for close to 3 hrs - headed back where I started - slowed down to a crawl - my girlfriend said we had to head out and head home
she turned and started to walk away - I got a whisper of a signal - dug thru the rocks to about a foot down
rechecked and signal got louder but still faint - took about another foot of rock and sand out - saw some green in the sand and
thought I had a greenie - looked closer to pluck target and saw glint of gold in the green - though it could just be a gold plated brass ring
I knew that a lot of the 10k stuff from here that was old came out encrusted and with some green I have found old class rings with green around where tops were soldered on
yelled to my gal that I had a small ring and it could be gold - I was right - the sides and inside were clean gold but the face was green
it had something that had been attatched/soldered to the face - I looked in the surface material and even dug out a bunch more looking for its face but the green area was really crusted and I believe what ever was there was lost long ago - after breaking some of the other green off - it looks like there could have been a stone in it - it has a hole going threw to allow light to pass
ring is old by its design - it has a K with an anchor stamped in it - years back I have found a few with this marking - met a few others that have too its early 1900s maker
did not hear of any other gold that day
WW was giving it another shot today - so hoping he got some yellow
Not much for me - but was glad to get out - glad to get silver & gold - glad I didn't get skunked
DSC0aa0008.JPG
DSCaa00013.JPG

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for those weather conditions...congrats on the gold and silver.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Heh you found lots of stuff there. Nice gold ring too. Thanks for sharing. Nice pic too. hh gl -Joe

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Casper you have a magic thing for Gold!! Love that old stuff!!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice. I like it!!Congrats.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WaterWalker and I - Im heading home - he stayed and got some gold I heard the next day

D3567.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread