Need to relax? 4m Scuba diving with new excalibur @213ft. depth - enjoy

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys!

Video #2 on my brand new stock Minelab Exclibur before Full mod by OBN...

No goodies sorry, no potteries either.... this dive was mainly to test the wterproofing capabilities of the Pods....don't worry I'll post in a near futur some bling bling and old gold videos :thumbsup:

Watch in 4K or HD if you can!!! ....and post the impression of 4K as I don't have any monitor/tv for this 4K resolution... thanks!

https://youtu.be/pOQPU41pTlI

I've uses a copyright music, so can't see from Germany and from certain devices, computer =OK

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer video! I am going to make it a point this year to do some scuba detecting. Did you say you went all the way down to 213 feet!?!?

:occasion14:

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer video! I am going to make it a point this year to do some scuba detecting. Did you say you went all the way down to 213 feet!?!?

:occasion14:

Yes but you only see a little part à full depth. The intro jump was around 160ft. (around). then I did go down to max depth after (sand sequence with poor colors)

I'm happy if you go a take a few scuba lessons :notworthy:

It's a beautiful experience.

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been diving on/off for over 20 years so it is just a matter of finding the right place, taking a detector along for the ride, and of course figuring out the best way to use it underwater. I figure I will probably start out at a local beach in the 10 - 15 foot depth which would effectively be out of reach of traditional water hunters.

Going down to 213' feet seems pretty extreme. What kind of air mixture did you use and were decompression stops required on the way up?

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In Europe and especially in countries where you dive a lot, the regular Air mixture is used "at school" down to 200ft. I know US has not the same regulation ;-)

I prefer Nitrox to avoid / limit the deco stops but the max floor is around -140ft. i use Air Mix down to 250ft. on regular basis, when I was younger I've touched a few times -300ft. and more .... was looking for sensations...

Trimix is used from 215ft. to 460ft. but it is totally different organisation. I don't have the material, I have to rent it and pay the gaz mixture which is not cheap. I have a Nitrox rebreather with the Trimix program but I still need some support and only dive a few times per year on very deep wrecks (300ft. - 460ft.).

On a 6h dive, you can have 5h15 of deco time

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool stuff Frogmaster! It sounds like you have some great experience. I keep things pretty tame i.e. don't go down to more than 120' - 130'. I did try Nitrox a number of times but typically use regular air. Once I start venturing down with my detecting gear perhaps I can hit you up with some questions.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a th-Paul-Hogan-Tourism-ad-2%20t.jpg

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am totally watching this on my new 4k tv. Thanks for sharing. hh gl -Joe

Hi guys!

Video #2 on my brand new stock Minelab Exclibur before Full mod by OBN...

No goodies sorry, no potteries either.... this dive was mainly to test the wterproofing capabilities of the Pods....don't worry I'll post in a near futur some bling bling and old gold videos :thumbsup:

Watch in 4K or HD if you can!!!

https://youtu.be/pOQPU41pTlI

I've uses a copyright music, so can't see from Germany and from certain devices, computer =OK

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am totally watching this on my new 4k tv. Thanks for sharing. hh gl -Joe

You're lucky, I was just able to look at it on a 1600x1200 screen which is the maximum resolution i have.... Is it really better in 4k?

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Great video would love to see some old gold or silver. What camera did you use? Thanks for posting, keep it up.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Steven Spielberg eat your heart out!
Nice work Frog Master!

OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great video would love to see some old gold or silver. What camera did you use? Thanks for posting, keep it up.

Gopro Hero 4 black edition + SRP red filter and diving tray + with a pair of Sola 3000 lumens video lights. I use deep Nitrox gaz mix for deco (poney tank with my mate)

Last edited:
OP
OP
frogmaster-riviera

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Tanks mnruxpin, I have 2 videos coming out...

One for the CTX3030W (Waterproof) definitive guide and an other on a bling bling hunt during a scuba beach detecting session. March is a windy season on the riviera and it doesn't allow me to take the boat and dive securely: don't want to swim half a mile to get on the boat when surfacing :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread