Dont eat me

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't eat me

In Florida we have some aggressive Bull Sharks on the west coast. They like feeding in the surf, in murky water, right where I like to hunt.

The are thick as thieves in some areas.

This product is being released in the US, and so far, it seems to work. They just opened up an office in St. Petersburg and one of our local dive shops is using it.

It might be worth considering....

They run just under $700. LINK

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.46.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I briefly worked with a guy who had his leg bit off just below the knee over there on the left coast of Florida. Didn't ID the shark but assumed it was a bull IIRC. Was in the late 90's I think. I have had sand sharks take bites out of fish on my stringer while wade fishing before but nothing crazy. $700 sounds like a lot until it's too late. Be safe.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if our metal detectors have any effect on sharks.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder if our metal detectors have any effect on sharks.

Probably none. Sharks hear pressure oscillations at large distances (low freq < 1000Hz, the struggling fish type) but not magnetic fields. The are sensitive to weak electric fields ... but by the time the sense you or your coil the shark is just adjusting its attack a microsecond before it bites. Unless you splash around like a distressed fish when you're detecting ... you're probably fairly safe in the water. You may be at the highest risk for attack at the moment you rejoice at the diamond ring recovery.

treasure diver ct

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have the white shark to deal with here, haven't seen any, I scuba dive with a detector..... With regards to this device, iv heard of a story about a guy being taken out by a white shark wearing one ..... Not sure if it was on or how it really works

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm far more concerned about the trip to and from the beach in traffic than I ever am about sharks in the water...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once had a group of sunfish nibble on hand while scuba diving. Scary stuff, but I'll keep diving!! I will not let fear dictate my life. :headbang:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard of some failures of this product. The chemical repellant is much cheaper and from what I read very effective. All products do seem to have a disclaimer that they can not guarantee the effectiveness of their products.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread