Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best day I ever had was diving and a beach got washed out by big surf. I found a whopping 20 gold rings!! That was such a rush, it was the best day ever metal detecting, rings were just lying in plain sight!!
Just reading this made me light headed...that had to be some kind of fun.

OP
OP
M

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
This was my best haul from about 8 years ago, I wish I didn't sell it! I sold it when it was only $600 and ounce, if I would have sold it nowdays I would have made over $24,000... This one is for you Ron Lord since you seem skeptical about my claims..

_MG_6414.jpg

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what keeps me going month after month digging almost nothing some days!

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fenwick Island Delaware there is a place called the ship wreck museum and the owner at one time was hunting the surf in OCMD and the story goes he dug over 600 gold rings in 2 days, with the help of a few friends. Seems the rings were in a very small area on the 10 mile long beach. If I heard this story from any one else I would say no way but after visiting his place there is no doubt gold is his middle name. And he really is a Treasure Hunter...
https://www.google.com/search?q=shi...a=X&ei=n-cUVYyDGYO3oQTA4oDADA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoked:
With finds like that I would of stuck with diving.
Speak of wipe out heaven!

I bet they were just laying there glittering in the sun and you didn't even have to fan the sand to expose them.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fenwick Island Delaware there is a place called the ship wreck museum and the owner at one time was hunting the surf in OCMD and the story goes he dug over 600 gold rings in 2 days, with the help of a few friends. Seems the rings were in a very small area on the 10 mile long beach. If I heard this story from any one else I would say no way but after visiting his place there is no doubt gold is his middle name. And he really is a Treasure Hunter...
https://www.google.com/search?q=shi...a=X&ei=n-cUVYyDGYO3oQTA4oDADA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

Sweet museum! I'll have to try to stop in soon!

Sent from a empty soda can!

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
13 gold rings in one day .............. Germany in the late 80's

The best day I ever had was diving and a beach got washed out by big surf. I found a whopping 20 gold rings!! That was such a rush, it was the best day ever metal detecting, rings were just lying in plain sight!!

My best trip (14 days) netted me 1.1 lbs of gold jewelry 8-)

The good thing was that i knew that the utopia would not last long, so i just enjoyed it while i could.

Chuck

PS I am still thrilled with one ring

Last edited:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
My best day was 6 rings, including 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 titanium and 1 junk. 2 gold in a single day is my best so far on other occasions as well, but 6 rings total was my best total rings and really had me excited.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
:hello2:

Attachments

• pic114521.jpg
    pic114521.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 112
  • smelting.gif
    smelting.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 359

[AU:Magnet]

Apr 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best day was 6 rings, including 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 titanium and 1 junk. 2 gold in a single day is my best so far on other occasions as well, but 6 rings total was my best total rings and really had me excited.

Nothing wrong with 6 rings !
Also what makes any quantity greater than the number, is the high carat, and high weight, my best is 14 rings in 4hrs, I usually find between 1 and 2 oz's per week, chains are a bonus as we all know, it doesn't bother me too much on how many, just as long as I can live each week by my finds. Have been hookahing for 3 years as a pro, but I'm sick of selling gold rings for money, we all work too hard to see em go. I do scrap metal now, but cannot wait to get back under, it has been over 6 weeks since my Octopump hookah has had a worn out piston/ring and bore, but I've a good contact now to get another,,,pics soon guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread