SHARK FINALLY ARRIVED

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was ordered February 2, got here today. No chance to test it yet, but was not impressed with the RTG travel scoop. The handle is only 27", there is no brace where the handle is welded near to the front of the scoop, and it has 5/8" holes instead of 1/2" that I ordered. Thought $145 was a bit much for that, I don't think it would hold up for too long in wet sand, probably ok for dry sand. Looking forward to giving the shark a run on our beaches.

Upvote 0

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Where did you order it from? February 2 is a long time to wait.

Sent from a empty soda can!

OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Ordered it from Tesoro dealer in Victoria, had none in stock, so had to send to USA for it. Think the snow over there at the time may have delayed delivery.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That's probably why. The sand shark is a great unit and well built.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
I have the RTG 709miniTV it is about 40 inches from the top of the bucket to the top of the handle. (Two piece handle assembled)
Looks like this when the handle is taken apart.
Did you get the correct model? The hole size is optional and if not specified the larger hole scoop is sent...my mistake, but I have not had any problems with the larger holes.

Attachments

• 709minitravelmini.jpg
    709minitravelmini.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 252
OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Waterwalker, Yours has the reinforcing bar on the handle, mine only has the one connection about the same place as yours, The scoop was ordered with the 1/2" holes, they sent the wrong one. 40" would be a lot better. Maybe they did send the wrong one, they got the holes wrong, but it is a travel scoop, just a very short one. your scoop is deeper than mine notice yours has 4 holes on the top row mine has 2. It measures 7" at the bottom from back of scoop to the front.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have one like it in my garage. It has the reinforcement brace as well. I would send it back...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with them, it sounds like they sent wrong scoop, sounds like you got a sand scoop by mistake.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Sounds very much like you have the RTG285-SS (if it is stainless steel)
If it is aluminum and the handle is an adjustable 2 piece one than it might be the 702ALUM
I really think you were looking for the 709 stainless steel - for salt water.
You can see all the scoop on RTG's (Reilly's Treasured Gold) website.

OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes, I sure did get the wrong scoop, I phoned him about it and he is going to exchange it for the 709, hopefully with 1/2" holes. I think this one is alluminum its so light. Thanks all for your input.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Glad you got it straightened out!

wecandigit

Feb 8, 2011
I also have a SS and put 1/4 inch hardware cloth inside the scoop on the bottom and sides. I have picked up alot of small earrings and ear studs since doing that. Never got any previously. It was secured in by cable ties.

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got your machine. Sand Shark good detector. Sorry about your scoop. I have the T-Rex and the Stealth 720i Hybrid.

OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sent the scoop back today, so maybe have the right one by the end of the week. Looking forward to getting down the beach with it, in the meantime, I am just reading the manual. I mounted the control box on the shaft, but decided that was too heavy, so now have it under the arm rest which is much better. Would have sent for an extension, but the cost of mailing it was not worth it. I got used to using the Stingray mounted this way, that machine sure paid for itself a few times over. Thanks all for your replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions