Thought I was hallucinating when I saw this one in the scoop..havent seen gold for

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thought I was hallucinating when I saw this one in the scoop..haven't seen gold for

many a month!

Hi:hello:

Well, it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway....I MISSED ALL OF MY FRIENDS FROM THE FORUM!!!

These past months have been very hectic for me, but things are "cooling down" , so I'm able to get out for some hunting now.

Went to a "not so favorite" beach this morning and hunted at high tide starting with dry sand and working on down to the wet as the tide slowly receded.

Found a very thin silver "Roosie"...good start; then about 20 minutes into the hunt, the GT gave off a medium, but solid and focused sound...wasn't sure about the signal..this beach has tons of sinkers , but I dig all and was glad I dug this one..a 10K nice looking class ring.

It's been a long time since I scooped up gold, and I was so pleased to have found this ring.

Looks like "83" in pic, but with loupe it is definitely "63".

Here's some pics; thanks for looking

It's great to be back!

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF3406.JPG
    DSCF3406.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF3410.JPG
    DSCF3410.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCF3411.JPG
    DSCF3411.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF3414.JPG
    DSCF3414.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCF3416.JPG
    DSCF3416.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF3417.JPG
    DSCF3417.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCF3420.JPG
    DSCF3420.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF3421.JPG
    DSCF3421.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We missed you also Lorraine! How's Hank? This is a real BEAUTY! Maybe I'll get lucky again this year. :occasion14:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to ask you what kind of solutions you cookin in? Your ring came out great.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Hi Sonny,

I'm cookin' in water, Washing Soda ( as opposed to baking soda), and vinegar; then soaking and scrubbing with Tarn-X& baking soda, then shining with black chalk/jewelers' rouge.

I wish you the best out there.

Lorraine

Forgot to ask you what kind of solutions you cookin in? Your ring came out great.

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
many a month!

Hi:hello:

Well, it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway....I MISSED ALL OF MY FRIENDS FROM THE FORUM!!!

These past months have been very hectic for me, but things are "cooling down" , so I'm able to get out for some hunting now.

Went to a "not so favorite" beach this morning and hunted at high tide starting with dry sand and working on down to the wet as the tide slowly receded.

Found a very thin silver "Roosie"...good start; then about 20 minutes into the hunt, the GT gave off a medium, but solid and focused sound...wasn't sure about the signal..this beach has tons of sinkers , but I dig all and was glad I dug this one..a 10K nice looking class ring.

It's been a long time since I scooped up gold, and I was so pleased to have found this ring.

Looks like "83" in pic, but with loupe it is definitely "63".

Here's some pics; thanks for looking

It's great to be back!

Lorraine

Nice finds Lorraine love to see your great finds. What were you cleaning the ring with it came out beautiful. HH

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
"Nice finds Lorraine love to see your great finds. What were you cleaning the ring with it came out beautiful. HH"

Hi nutsdad,

In the message above your reply to my finds, I wrote the method in a reply message to Sonny; it works well for me, and perhaps you might also like this method.

HH
Lorraine

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh notre dame is a catholic college * in Michigan---- not a high school --althought I'm sure there might be cathoilic high schools by the same name as well ...

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your message.

I am familiar with the Notre Dame College; this is marked as a High School ring from a city near where I live; I researched the school and found that like so many other Catholic Schools in our Archdiocese this particular High School has been closed for many years .

There are presently two Notre Dame High Schools in two adjacent towns to where I live.

I found a gold ring from a Nun's congregation a few years ago....I must have an invisible halo around my head by now:laughing7:

Lorraine

uh notre dame is a catholic college * in Michigan---- not a high school --althought I'm sure there might be cathoilic high schools by the same name as well ...

JC Florida

Dec 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Rookie question... Are you cleaning the ring with peroxide?

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
That is a beauty Lorraine very nice find!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Hi JC<

No, not peroxide; I electrolyze items in a solution of water, Washing soda , and vinegar; then soak for a few minutes in Tars-X to remove remaining crusting/dirt; then shine with Black crayon Jewelers' rouge.

Lorraine

Rookie question... Are you cleaning the ring with peroxide?

JC Florida

Dec 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll find something worth cleaning up soon.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
You certainly will, JC:thumbsup: I wish you the best.

I forgot to add that I also scrub the items with Tarn-X mixed with a little baking soda mixed i it before shining with jewelers' rouge

L

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll find something worth cleaning up soon.

Last edited:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Congrats Lorraine, That's a keeper for sure. That stainless ring would have also made my heart skip a beat...til ya read stainless steel... Keep it up, I wanna see more gold!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions