The beginning of a new season

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this gem yesterday.. sets a new record for this season :) heaviest one yet and quite the looker too

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You're crushin' it man!
Keep up the good work j.m.k!
Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's rest of the stuff I found...three gold total about 10,4g if memory serves right. Earring, small necklace plate with initials and the big ring. Someone might quess my whereabouts from the last picture.. ;)

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy to see your season has starts well guys, mine is like no nothing...

Spent almost 50 hours scuba detecting with my mate since a month and just digged some coins, pieces of aluminium and all kind of trash. Dark sand is there but we have to digg very deep and finds are crap.....

It's hard to tell, but when your facing this situation it's hard to find the "hunting spirit" when you know the time it takes to prepare the material to digg trash LoL..and the time spent to rince and clean when you come back...

:weather_rain:

It's metal detecting, you never know....but based on the previous hunts, I know I will only find trash :weather_lightning:

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to see your season has starts well guys, mine is like no nothing...

Spent almost 50 hours scuba detecting with my mate since a month and just digged some coins, pieces of aluminium and all kind of trash. Dark sand is there but we have to digg very deep and finds are crap.....

when your facing this situation it's hard to find the "hunting spirit" when you know the time it takes to prepare the material to digg trash LoL..and the time spent to rince and clean when you come back...

:weather_rain:

It's metal detecting, you never know....but based on the previous hunts, I know I will only find trash :weather_lightning:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck so far...I know the feeling when you spend the time, gas and effort to hunt with all the special equipment and then get nothing to show for it :( In the end of last season I took a long road trip to some great looking virgin beaches, spent two full days and a motel night to dig all the places I planned and........well...nothing...coins, crap and a couple of kids silver class rings...I couldn't believe it and returning home I wasn't very pleased. This season however has started better than ever before - I'm sure your luck will turn too and you'll be diggin' that shiny yellow goodness again :D

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your post JMK! :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm becoming a "spoilt child" ;-) Your totally right and when I see my buddy surfacing with his bag full of fishingleads, he his happy like if it was full of gold.. at the end of the day it's a hobby and no need to take it seriously!

I'm always happy to digg but miss the special feeling of old/new gold sensation....

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your post JMK! :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm becoming a "spoilt child" ;-) Your totally right and when I see my buddy surfacing with his bag full of fishingleads, he his happy like if it was full of gold.. at the end of the day it's a hobby and no need to take it seriously!

I'm always happy to digg but miss the special feeling of old/new gold sensation....

I recognise the "spoilt child" feeling :P I think it's only natural after some mega finds not to feel very excited about bottle caps and a couple of coins :D I'm glad to have noticed that this effect diminishes and pretty soon some silver feels almost as good as that gold did a while ago ;) Happy hunting!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks JMK! It was a great to show an other type of Tresure Hunting to a Cache Hunter with a large experience on "Land Only". A friend of me has just received an ROV, and for sure we will locate some traces od Wrecks on which we will dive and metal detect. New adventures to come :-)

PS: concerning the find, the coin is really in a bad shape and I'm trying several technics to try to get something out of it. There is silver for sure, but it will takes time to clean it.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more goodies rescued from their watery grave :thumbsup:

The big silver one is a surprisingly expensive design ring..worth more than the modest amount of gold in the pic :tongue3:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent start for this year and wonder what you'll post when you really get started or warmed up. Congratulations.

OP
OP
J

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been awhile since the last post but I've still been out there and in the game :) Here's a sample of the amount of crap I've dug up lately

The better ones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread