Resanding the beaches along the Jersey shore.

wecandigit

Feb 8, 2011
Beach "renourishment" means putting it on the beach. They either truck in loads of sand from somewhere or piping it in from a channel or offshore dredge. In addition to burying everything there, it can bring in lots of trash. The sand may be off color or or a different consistency.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I heard that dumping sand on beaches, especially enormous amounts, affects climate change. If a lawnmower causes global warming, dumping sand in the ocean must to.

Beach "renourishment" means putting it on the beach. They either truck in loads of sand from somewhere or piping it in from a channel or offshore dredge. In addition to burying everything there, it can bring in lots of trash. The sand may be off color or or a different consistency.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the sand comes from somewhere, it might have goodies in it. Ya never know till you detect it.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Since the sand comes from somewhere, it might have goodies in it. Ya never know till you detect it.

I I have heard of field days being had from offshore dredging. If one goes over any kind of wreck site... More then likely it's just gonna make a mess and cause the global temp to raise.378 degrees a year for as long as it keeps being done. Hhgl -Joe

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do it down here, and I'm kinda on the fence on this one. Here, they dredge the 2 inlets in my area and pump the spoils on the beach. Giving the history attached to both of these inlets, especially Beaufort inlet, Could bring some pretty good finds. BUT... as a avid surf fisherman, every time they do this, me and several of my fishing buddies have noticed that the large colonies of mole crabs that fish depend on for food are almost totally wiped out. Mole-crab1.jpg

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
They're pumping offshore sand onto PBI beaches again. It's a mess...

4-14-15 a.m. Palm Beach2.png

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread