Finally took the Sand Shark out for spin today

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach at the Bogue Inlet Pier this morning. Finds were meager, but this place gets hunted pretty hard. Got the usual beer bottle caps, can tabs, some fishing gear and 81 cents. So far I like this machine. It seems to be pretty sensitive to small stuff, as I found several small gauge wire fishing hooks. I think It's a keeper! 4-15 beach hunt 001.JPG 4-15 beach hunt 003.JPG

Upvote 0

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad you enjoyed it, hard to beat a sand shark

Sent from a empty soda can!

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you enjoyed it, hard to beat a sand shark

Sent from a empty soda can!

Yeah man, I think I'm going to like this one. At least I was able to contribute to my growing pile of beach clad! 002.JPG

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man, I think I'm going to like this one. At least I was able to contribute to my growing pile of beach clad! View attachment 1147446
Looks like those coins have been in there for a long time...should be some gold and silver somewhere close by.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that cooler lid has been used for cutting bait...what type of fish do you catch?

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that cooler lid has been used for cutting bait...what type of fish do you catch?
Yep, that's my surf fishing cooler. Catch a lot of red drum, black drum, pompano, whiting and blue fish. Not a whole lot biting here yet in the surf. Water temp is 62 deg.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that's my surf fishing cooler. Catch a lot of red drum, black drum, pompano, whiting and blue fish. Not a whole lot biting here yet in the surf. Water temp is 62 deg.
Top of my surf fishing cooler looks just like yours...I went last week and got ten whiting...water temp was 73.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top of my surf fishing cooler looks just like yours...I went last week and got ten whiting...water temp was 73.

MAN! I love whiting, or sea mullet as they are known locally around here. They are starting to catch some up here, but they are on the small side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread