ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Haven't heard a report on the treasure coast, but Jupiter inlet got pounded...some good hunting going on down there. Waves are actually going OVER the dune line.

www.evsjupiter.com

Jas

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
The Seagrape beach access, just south of the Disney resort has surf eroading the dunes. Given the dune sand is that neew "renourished crap" the surf has not cut back into the old dunes yet. Maybe in a few days if the storm holds up. Also there is a nice 4-6 foot cut right behind the museum, but it still is not cutting into the old sand. At bonsteel/Chucks the surf this afternoon was pounding the steps down to the beach and eroading into some of the new dunes. Still not cutting into the old dunes there either. Keep watching over the next few days.

Cobra

Capefearsman

Mar 5, 2007
Cape Fear, NC
Detector(s) used
XLT,Double Eagle
NC beaches are getting pounded by high wind and waves. Looking at the weather channel maps, it looks like a hurricane is off the coast. they are calling it sub tropical.

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi. I am in New Bern, NC. About 30min from Atlantic Beach. Think any of this weather has made enough ruckuss to turn up anything down that way? That is usually where I go, for convenience. Researching where exactly I can go on the outer banks now. Like to take a drive that way some weekend and do some beaching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread