Site selection - scuba diving to 10 meters

treasure diver ct

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the title says, how do fellow scuba hunters pick hunting sites when doing shallow water hunting to around ten meters, iv found tidal pools and cliff jumps to produce the best finds in my city, would like to know who else here does scuba hunting with a md and what sort of spots have been best for you

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for me - any place where I found gold - especially older gold out as far as I could at low tide using a snorkel - ive always gotten more out farther
when I was a kid - every beach - fresh or salt water - had floating rafts or platforms in deep water - these spots are the unhunted gold mines

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
card04_fr.jpg spot like this - you got slide at end of pier and you got raft and area they use to swim to and from to lose stuff
Ive seen old pics galore of similar photos in fresh and saltwater spots all the way back to the 1800s - just got to find the time to hit them
and be safe doing it

OP
OP
treasure diver ct

treasure diver ct

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, the city I live in has very cold waters, I seem to find stuff in salt water just out of reach from normal hunters, there is one fresh water spot that has a jump into 16 meter deep water, I wish it had more history but has only been around for about 10 years or less

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
up to you - PM me area youre near - I'll see what I can find for you - I work nights and do a lot of research at work

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the title says, how do fellow scuba hunters pick hunting sites when doing shallow water hunting to around ten meters, iv found tidal pools and cliff jumps to produce the best finds in my city, would like to know who else here does scuba hunting with a md and what sort of spots have been best for you

One of my favorites is under the diving boards at fresh water lakes. If it hasn't been hunted the bottom will be literally carpeted with coins and jewelry. Lots of fun!

Steve

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a life guard stand at the river, but it was washed away during the 500-1000 year flood of 1994. I suspect lots of jewelry because the older kids used to hang out there and run us kids away. It's too deep until I finish my scuba training and with all the stuff going on right now and my physical condition, it could be a long time. There were some old piling posts on either side of the lifeguard stand about 30-40 feet away and older kids hung out there also. It's money in the bank if I can ever get out there.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great spot, good luck on your dive classes!

Steve

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, the city I live in has very cold waters, I seem to find stuff in salt water just out of reach from normal hunters, there is one fresh water spot that has a jump into 16 meter deep water, I wish it had more history but has only been around for about 10 years or less

You are supposed to be at work :laughing7::tongue3::hello2:

Well done

RR

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
im random, where theres good vis if possible, where theres not to many boats or jet skis haha. I stay 6 to 15 foot deep and hug the shore. safety first and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread