lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi again:hello:

Got out there at high tide and hunted for 2 hrs.

In the first 15 minutes at the high tide line, I retrieved the 20" 925 ITALY silver chain.

This is how it came down:

Sauntering along parallel to the shore line, I heard the solid mid-high tone, and started digging; it was an elusive item and I had to dig about 10 " down before I was able to get what was about a 7" chain which I thought to be a bracelet.

I rechecked the hole, and the same strong mid-tone was still heard...dug some more down to about 14"
Lo and Behold!...there in my scoop was another larger length portion of the chain :headbang:

Total : 20"

After that find, it was just a few pieces of junk( most not included in pics)

I do like the "Blob top" bottle head found in wet sand on the slope: too bad there was not much left to the bottle.

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF3474.JPG

DSCF3478.JPG

DSCF3477.JPG

DSCF3479.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3478.JPG
    DSCF3478.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver chain - its a beaut!
Assuming you are still hunting with stock sovereign(s) and standard 10" DD search coil(s), I would of expected a
broken - high pitched tone (Silver is a high conductor, detector only sees return from one link/pendent.
Definitely not a solid mid tone as there is no pendent?

Curious, if you still get the solid mid tone with the chain out of the hole, and in a non trashy area (away the beach)?
If it still comes in mid tone, it may be alloyed with nickle which would lower the audio response from your detector(s).

Finding a gold or silver chain remains high on my bucket list - as it is technically difficult to do.

Hi again:hello:

Got out there at high tide and hunted for 2 hrs.

In the first 15 minutes at the high tide line, I retrieved the 20" 925 ITALY silver chain.

This is how it came down:

Sauntering along parallel to the shore line, I heard the solid mid-high tone, and started digging; it was an elusive item and I had to dig about 10 " down before I was able to get what was about a 7" chain which I thought to be a bracelet.

I rechecked the hole, and the same strong mid-tone was still heard...dug some more down to about 14"
Lo and Behold!...there in my scoop was another larger length portion of the chain :headbang:

Total : 20"

After that find, it was just a few pieces of junk( most not included in pics)

I do like the "Blob top" bottle head found in wet sand on the slope: too bad there was not much left to the bottle.

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

View attachment 1155468

View attachment 1155472

View attachment 1155470

View attachment 1155471

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's OK, gamiller; it's always nice to receive a post...old or new.

Things are beginning to "gel " somewhat ; the other day I dug up a nice looking"gold" ring , but the center stone and a side stone were missing...don't usually find that in a fine gold ring, and sure enough:BangHead: when I checked the inside , it was stamped "14K GE ESPO" ( "Joseph Esposito" according to my research.

When I get my camera repaired ( again!) I'll post a pic ...hope this one was a good sign of better things to come.

Lorraine

Oops my bad I now see this is an old thread.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Beautiful chain. You are amazing, Lorraine.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, Lorraine. Too bad about the bottle, that would have been a wonderful recovery. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions