Zephyrhills Fl
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's comming up date!!

Sunday May 3,2015 I found a ring of a life time. Over 2 1/2 ct.in Diamonds. the center stone is 1.5 ct. Pics. and apprasel to follow later.:hello2::hello2:

Well it's over 3 ct. in diamonds . the center diamond is almost 2.25 ct. all set in 18kt white Gold. the value retail is over $12,000, it sold for $8000 cash The ring was found with a sand shark and was over 12'' deep in the wet sand. This s the Biggest Diamond I have ever found that I got to keep. There was 3 other guy with detector there.
IMG_20150504_1107421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find !!!! Congrats

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's comming up date!!

Great find!

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the word getting out now days on how to locate your precious lost rings...... id hide that one.

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold it to a Diamond expert. it was sh1 it had 2 flaw in it .it was almost 2.25 ct.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold it to a Diamond expert. it was sh1 it had 2 flaw in it .it was almost 2.25 ct.

That's not bad if you sold it for 8g, I have a 2 carat emerald cut they offered me 9200. just the diamond (never sold), but had a friend that sold his 3 carat for 34,600.

OBN0144 (2).jpg And they ask why we don't like hunting the dirt...:laughing7:

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Keepin the dream alive Ron. Thanks. One day im gonna get a swimming pool in the scoop. That would make the wife happy.

sent from a sending device

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've had issues as well trying to photo diamond rings i've found. Never can quite get that right shot.
(Examples attached, including 1 honker quite like Ron's ring) ... Hard to beat the sharks for the bling!

Well done Ron!

DewGuru just curious that bottom ring photo was that silver? I found one just like that in Mexico and was silver just wandered if yours was also

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I didn't read this entire thing but , first of all, congratulations!
But, correct me if I'm wrong, but it amazes me that someone would be dumb enough to wear that to the beach.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on making banner too!

That makes you the master hunter!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
The people that are loosing high valuable stuff at the beach are the ones that can afford to loose them. They care more about what they look like than wether they'll loose their cha ching bling. Lots of filthy rich people in this world who love to wear flashy, expensive jewelry to show off their status.. and one of the best places people love to show off what they got, is at the beach. People like that..to them loosing a ring is no big deal. Sure it's upsetting to them but "oh well.. I can buy another one".

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the picture is a little too good.
Tourists don't typically travel with jewelry that valuable with the exception of wedding rings.
If a tourist lost that ring, the chances are that they have gone back home, and realistically thats the end of it.
However, the reason you have never found one before, is because there are 15,000 woman in the United States that own rings such as this one.
Out of those 15,000, about 14,900 of them still have their rings.
Out of the remaining 100, some have been recycled, stolen or misplaced. The remainder have been lost.
When a woman loses a ring like that she goes into a primordial panic, and her entire contemporary family tree scours the want adds and sites such as these for about 2 and 1/2 generations.
3 cts worth of diamonds and their accompanied gold band would sink through sand like it was flour, so that may very well be a very recent drop.
This is amongst the more popular valuable hunting forums, so expect to hear from the original owner in the next few days....
Congrats on a very nice find.

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron, I just want to say congratulations. That ring was stunning. I also want to say that you will probably live forever, because if seeing that ring in your scoop didn't give you a heart attack, then your heart is as strong as a bull's heart! Cheers! :occasion14:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
I don't agree with your theory. Plus I doubt anyone will be looking for the ring on here. Even if they do its too late now. Sometimes you have to keep one to yourself. Can't give em all back.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:

Thanks for posting the quality, now I feel happy for you. Congratulations.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
give them back if possible. it's the right thing to do.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irish........ so, did you see the request JUST posted from Siesta Key for this guys 14K ban? Tell me they dont look.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions