Went to the river Tuesday

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got to the river with my At/Pro Tuesday for almost 3 hours and found 4 coins for a total of 50 cents. First time I've used the At/Pro since the repair and the replacement headphones were very loud. Nothing sounds the same and the high pitched sound for a dime or quarter are almost as loud as a beer cap and I found plenty of them. They sounded like huge pieces of metal. Guess I should have practiced with it at the house, but I've been running to and fro like an errant bee trying to find a little time to myself. Thought I had found a silver dime, but it was a 1965. Close but no cigar.
If all the stars in heaven line up correctly in the morning and neither Mama or myself is sick, I'm heading about 60 miles south of home to an old resort I've had permission to detect since January and planning on making a day of it with both detectors. HH.

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fongu, that is more than I found today; pickens were slim in the dry sand for me.

I wish you a great day of detecting tomorrow; old resort sounds very interesting.

Lorraine

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like me, I have been trying the DF out for spots that have been cleaned out. Needless to say I am a complete rookie all over... Good Luck on your trip south..May you find some good treasure...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you got out. I haven't been out since Sunday :dontknow: Good Luck at the resort, it sounds promissing.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't make the resort but rescheduled with the owners for Tuesday of next week. Hope to post some good finds and hopefully find something before the 1900's. Looking for lots of firsts at this site if I can ever get there. Got everything ready to go last night and got up with my detector hand feeling like it had a hairline fracture. Hadn't been detecting in so long, it was too much for these old bones. Started to cut the grass, but used the hand as an excuse to loaf and that's something I hardly ever get to do. Came to town for mama and stopped by the library. GL & HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread