Two good days at Zuma Beach in Calif

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0171.jpg Wednesday morning I was getting ready to drive up to Oxnard, Ca to check out two lots that have been good to me over the years when I heard a text come in on my phone. My friend Bill Paxton gave me a heads up that it might be a good idea to give Zuma a try, he thought their might be a good cut. As you can see by the picture he hit the nail on the head. When I got there their were coins all over the place. I mean some were just laying on the sand, and to top it all not another detector in sight.:headbang:

I had so much fun on Wednesday that I went back today and another friend joined me. He ended up with 3 silver halves (two were walkers) and a buffalo, and some other goodies.

My two day take was one walker half, clad half, 5 silver quarters, 8 silver dimes (1 barber, 2 mercs, and 5 silver rosies), 2 buffalo nickels, 1 wheat penny, 1 silver ring, 1 gold ring (yesterday), 1 gold chain (today) stamped Italy (18kt), 1 silver pendant, junk ring, some type of token, and misc other items. Plus a ton of clad. The silver coins are toasted but they still count in my book.

The silver dimes and lot of the clad dimes were very thin. The silver dimes came in at 12-38, 39, and 40 (used the CTX 3030). Must have been because they were thin :dontknow:

Two mornings of detecting and I didn't see another detector (except my buddy) until I was leaving today around 11. A first for me was the walker at the beach and also my first 18kt gold chain.

Upvote 0

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great timing on that hunt Randy !! :occasion14: That is the kind of hunt we all dream of !! :metaldetector: :treasurechest:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds Randy I'd sure like to try out the CTX one day.

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7 I'm getting up there in age and those two days of detecting took their toll on me. Wrist sore, back sore, and also injured my knee a few weeks ago but when your having that much fun you don't feel any pain :laughing7: The detector and scoop were light as a feather. It's been quite awhile since I've seen my pouch full of keepers from a beach hunt! Would have been even better if my two detecting buddies were both there to join in on the fun.

Thanks again for the kind replies! HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of the chain right after I got it. image.jpg
Congrats on some awesome finds! I'm curious about some details on finding the gold chain with your CTX3030. How deep was the chain and do you recall if the chain was in a wad or small ball? Or was it stretched out and unfolded?

reg11756

Feb 4, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites SURF PI; MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that would explain why I crapped out at Zuma on Sunday!!!!! Worked between guard stations 3 and 4 and NOTHING in the water or wet sand, only a few coins above the cut in dry sand.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Them keys are gonna pay off your mortgage :laughing7: jk

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two great days...congrats on the gold and silver...nice chain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread