ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
finding the old sand or beating the dumped new sand areas the quick & easy way

well folks we all know the trick to finding the good stuff is to find out the areas were the beach is back to the pre dump levels where the dumped sand has washed away---finding where the new sand is gone from the areas so that our detectors can reach and find the stuff lost in the old sand will greatly improve your find rate---but where are these sweet spots at and how to find them ? easy the state of florida has a project list showing where they have dumped the new sand and maps of the areas where they did it--on these maps there are referance marks ---like R34 and such -PLUS they monitor the areas for "wear" to see how their projects are holding up--places with heavy wear are trouble spots for them which they call -(i kid you not) "hot spots"- funny huh just what we would call em--you go to the site and they will show a overveiw of florida ---click on the "project" site it will bring up the site and show the "project area map" with the markers on it --then look at the "hot spots" by linking the info from the two you will know exactly where the new sand has been worn away on these beaches---bingo --theres your "hot spots" little to no new sand --means old sand and better chances of finding the good stuff --- by the way while looking at it I noticed that the ft. pierce inlet area --R34 to R37 (the southern jetty area and just below it) had lost all of the new sand that was put on it in 1999 by march of 2002-- its "hot spot" report said "the beach has eroded beyond pre fill conditions by march 2002" -- in your search engine type in ---fsu beaches and shores resource center--- then click ---when it comes up click on it (see above name)-- when it goes to it---click --beach renoursishment and monitoring on the left hand side -the state map with the all "projects" will come up--click on the area your interested in and then find your very own sweet spots close to you--this saves you a lot of gas,time and trouble--the "work" has been done for you----simple enough huh?---tell me how you like it ;D ;D ;D--- can't beat good research ---Ivan

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: finding the old sand or beating the dumped new sand areas the quick & easy way

I like it. Thanks for sharing. I’ve been pretty ‘dry’ with anything worth a darn at the beach. I did some research and now I’ve got an attack plan. I’ve found a little used area that has lost a considerable amount of sand. It will be fun to explore the new area for a while. I hope I don’t see a couple of dozen hunters there upon my arrival tho…

Thanks again for the lead.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: finding the old sand or beating the dumped new sand areas the quick & easy way

let me know how it goes and good luck---ivan

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

good luck and let me know how your doing--ivan

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

good luck and let me know how your doing---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions