SHARK PROBLEM - SOLVED. TIP

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I called 'Tesoro' about the problem of my new Sand Shark not powering up, and they suggested I send it back to where I bought it so they could have a look at the problem. I was set to send it away, but I decided to take another look at the battery situation. I unlocked the face plate and opened it up, then I turned the detector on (VCO mode) No sound. Then I put my fingers into the case and just pushed on the battery pack gently, Bingo, power. The rubber boot on the face plate was not pushing the battery pack onto the contacts firm enough. So, I got a small piece of card paper, folded it in half, and put it between the batteries and face plate, locked it in place, and it worked, now it powers up just fine. I will replace the card paper with one of those small stick on rubber spacers you can get at thrift shops, or hardware. Hope this helps anyone who has similar problems.

Upvote 0

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431882929.228288.jpg
Hi do you solve shark problems?

OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Thats not a shark, its a sardine on steroids.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Its defective you sshould sshould tell where you bought it what happened and to send you a new one. When you get that return the defect. Think... Resale value. If there's one factory defect known now there could be more. Hh gl -Joe

I called 'Tesoro' about the problem of my new Sand Shark not powering up, and they suggested I send it back to where I bought it so they could have a look at the problem. I was set to send it away, but I decided to take another look at the battery situation. I unlocked the face plate and opened it up, then I turned the detector on (VCO mode) No sound. Then I put my fingers into the case and just pushed on the battery pack gently, Bingo, power. The rubber boot on the face plate was not pushing the battery pack onto the contacts firm enough. So, I got a small piece of card paper, folded it in half, and put it between the batteries and face plate, locked it in place, and it worked, now it powers up just fine. I will replace the card paper with one of those small stick on rubber spacers you can get at thrift shops, or hardware. Hope this helps anyone who has similar problems.

OP
OP
M

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It took me nearly two months to get it in the first place, had only used it once so did not want to send it away when I could rectify the problem myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread