St. Pete short hunt

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My hunting buddy and I went to Sunset Beach today, which is in St. Petersburg, on the Gulf.

We hit the south end of Sunset Beach just after sunup. Nada- zip- one bottle cap, couple of sinkers.

So we moved further north.

There was a guy snorkeling with a detector in front of Caddy's bar, another just pulled into the parking lot and one guy was in the sand parking lot detecting around the coin pay parking meters.

Screw it- had breakfast then headed to an out of the way spot that always produces something. Not such a nice view like the beach, but better for finding stuff.

We only had an hour left, and we kept digging one thing after the next.

Our next hunt, we will just skip the beach- it's hunted to death over here, and spend more time on the productive grounds.

IMG_3821.jpg

Upvote 0

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll own up! It was me! You didn't miss anything. The area is dead. :BangHead:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. I've been there a bunch and didn't find CRAP! Although I did walk very far south and came upon a pocket dump, found about 50 cents total in nickels dimes and pennies.

I've been hitting up some local parks and have found a couple dollars in coins and a ring two days ago. I've found more in the parks than I've ever found on the beach.

If you want to meet up let me know!

If you think about it, it makes sense... beaches, nicest place to detect good scenery (girls), sand on the feet, water, sunset, no surprise it's been cleaned out! Find the crap holes and thats where the stuff is.

Tom

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations. You found a pile of junk. What is that thing in the top left corner?

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some if not all of those beaches were renurished. Makes you chuckle when someone says...... no one hunts out there i bet there is a lot of gold...... then when they renurish and move the beach OUT THERE...... you find out whats OUT THERE.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
That thing in the upper left corner is unidentified. It's some sort of melted slag which is quite possible, bronze.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been a slow start for me on the gold this year...still a long summer to go though.

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, the beaches are hit pretty hard.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit Treasure Island on Friday morning and collected around $1.60 .. about average for 2 hours of work I guess. I didn't find much at all for 2 full hours, and ended up finding almost all of it on the 10 minute walk back to my car because the meter was about to expire.

I have never found ANYTHING at sunset, north or south of the parking. The narrower the beach, the harder it gets hit is my conclusion.

I've also hit Redington beach and didn't find much but did find a huge razor sharp steak knife buried on the volleyball court.

At Upham, I found about $1.50 but it took some deep digging.

Then I went to a local park and a little kid came up to me and she said "YOUR FRIEND WAS HERE AT 7:30. HE FOUND A BUNCH OF COINS OVER THERE WITH HIS METAL DETECTOR ---> (points to bleachers)". I said haha thanks. He's not my friend ANY MORE!!! (kidding, I don't know who it was but he beat me to it)

So I moved over to a vacant lot I've been wanting to explore. Confetti and scraps of electrical wiring everywhere.. like every 6 inches. Found 4 cents total.

Tough weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread