claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You drive to the beach, walk down to the water and realize that you left your scoop at home!

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
thats why you...

1) buy a battery from "onlybatterypacks"
2) have a spare fully charged battery with you

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always carry 2 NiMH batteries charged night before.. Of course it is possible to have both unplugged...

I also have gone to beach and forgot my scoop. Now I carry 2 scoops that are stored in my detecting van..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the way to a lake the other day and realized I didn't have my scoop...luckily I had only gone five miles...first time Ive done that.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you hate it when,......someone starts a thread with,... Don't you hate it when,....:laughing7::tongue3:

chuck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when I get all geared up, put on wet suit, camelpac, enter the water and realize I have to go to restroom...๐Ÿ˜ฌ

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate it when I don't get good coverage with my sunblock, and I end up with red and white stripes all over my face and neck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when I don't get good coverage with my sunblock, and I end up with red and white stripes all over my face and neck.
LOL, been there, I went one day, sunscreen covering everything BUT, I forgot to put sunscreen on the back if my hand that I hold detector with....Grrrrrr, I hunted for 8 hours.... Hand got burnt..

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when I go in the water... and realize I have my wallet or something else on me that should never be wet.

OP
OP
jeepGold

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
when your walking PERFECTLY mapped grids and someone comes along and plops their rear right in the way of your current line.... OCD at it's finest.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't you hate it when (insert).......

I hate it when I'm out digging gold targets all day and then the alarm clock goes off!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate it when i find a pricy ring ........ only to have someone standing on the beach asking me if i found that ring....... uggggg. Also those rings that you can barely make out that say 14...... only to get them home and it be made in China 14K GP. Ive driven for an hour before and forgot my battery........now theres a deer in the head light look.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAD MY GIRLFRIEND DROP ME OFF AT SUNRISE A A SPOT THAT HAD GATES CLOSED - SHE WAS GOING TO GO BACK TO HOTEL AND THEN COME BACK WHEN GATES OPEN TO GET ME - SHE RUSHED ME OUT - PUT MY GEAR ON GRAB MY MASK - POUCH - MACHINE - SHE JUMPS IN AND DRIVES AWAY AND WHEN SHE IS 100 YARDS DOWN THE ROAD - I REALIZE I HAD NO SCOOP - FIGURED - OKAY - GOT MY MASK - I'LL JUST HAVE TO DROP AND FAN - VIZ WAS ZERO - SO ENDED UP HUNTING DRY SAND FOR 2-3 HRS - ANYONE THAT KNOWS ME - I'M A WATER HUNTER- I DONT LIKE DRY SAND HUNTING -PLUS I WAS DRESSED FOR WATER - I DID OKAY BUT WAS PO'ED

You drive to the beach, walk down to the water and realize that you left your scoop at home!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ALWAYS BRING A MINIMUM OF 2 MACHINES AND A BAG OF BATTERIES - MOST THAT KNOW ME - I BRING 2 OF EVERYTHING ACTUALLY

kezhk

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
Get to the beach and see other detectorists s already working it over

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I left heAdphones home once. Using gt. Hour ride gone to waste. Wind was blowing 30 mph so I couldn't use without headphones. I've had worse fishing facepalms though lol hh gl -Joe

I ALWAYS BRING A MINIMUM OF 2 MACHINES AND A BAG OF BATTERIES - MOST THAT KNOW ME - I BRING 2 OF EVERYTHING ACTUALLY

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you hate it when....no not really. When I am on the beach with my detector I am happy as a clam. I don't live at the beach so getting there is a treat!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did think of something. Don't you hate it when some idiot pulling his son on a boogie board slams into your back because he was pulling his kid and running backwards and not paying attention to where he was going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread