stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while but.....I'M BACK!!!

Hey there everybody! Been out of the game for a bit, but got the itch recently again. Picked up a new Excal from my buddy Ron at Windy City Detectors. Anderson over/under straight shaft arrived the same time :)
Up at the crack of dark this morning to giver her a whirl! Hit the beach about 6:30 and got the Excal tuned in about 5 minutes! Like ridin a bike! Started swinging in about waist deep water and wasn't expecting much for this first hunt. First target was a folded in half bottle cap, YIPEE :laughing7: Next was a few random coins, a couple pocket spills to hone my pinpointing skills again(been about a year since I detected last). After about an hour, there it was! That sweet tone that has you on edge until you shake out the scoop......GOLD!! First piece of jewelry with the new machine and its a GOLD RING!! Fast forward 20 minutes and a handful more targets I get a nice solid tone in chest deep water. One scoop, two scoops, 3 scoops....starting to wonder if its one of those 5' deep mystery targets but the tone stays steady and gets only a little stronger.....one more scoop and I have it! Pull up the scoop to a bucket full of that clay/black shell layer that is kind of like the hardpan. Shake it out and gleaming back is another FAT ring!! Turns out as Tungsten Carbide with a cool carbon fiber inlay. Shining like the day it was new even though it must have been down there a while. At this point a couple things I'm realizing about my new Excal: 1. I think it is more stable and I am able to run a bit more sensitivity without falsing 2. It is definitely deeper on targets! I don't know if Minelab has tweeked these machines lately or if I just got a good one, but man, it is GOOD!! I have owned a dozen Excals and this one is by far the best! A little under 3 hours of the first hunt and I've got a nice pocket full of goodies! Tungsten Carbide fits me perfect!! Wife even like it(so I can wear it)!
I guess the next question is: What beach tomorrow morning? :) Hit me up on PM's DewGuru and the other locals if you wanna meet up again sometime. I'm back in the game!!

20150523_095226[1].jpg 20150523_095238[1].jpg 20150523_105409[1].jpg

Aaron

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the stellar finds Aaron! I love my Excalibur II's! I have the 10" and the 8" and are by far my favorite detectors!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can see why those Tungsten's are getting so popular.
That's one nice Tungsten and the fact that it fits you like you custom ordered it is bonus!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back. I've used tons of detectors and due to various components, some are lots hotter than others.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice comeback...congrats on the great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions