Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My back was sore as heck today from working on my dock all weekend but I really wanted to try out my new WOT, so off to the beach I went.
After two hours in the water my back was still aching bad and I wasn't enjoying myself one darn bit so I decided to call it, and started back toward shore.
So just on the way out of the water in high thigh deep water I hit pay dirt!

An 18K Band with Diamonds!
The Diamond ctw was also stamped 0.27 for the bigger one and 0.40 for the total of the small ones.

I love it when it works like that!
Needless to say, I sucked it up and stayed another hour!

IMG_20150525_154252.jpg

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! That Paid for that WOT!! Nice looking ring!! :thumbsup:

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great looking ring!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Nice ring!! Isn't that the way though..?..always when you call it or when you say to your self "ten more minutes"or "just up to that big tree"..then I'm leaving, then bang!!..you hit a good one. I bet your back wasn't even hurtin when you seen that one in your scoop.

OP
OP
Hydro Man

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice ring!! Isn't that the way though..?..always when you call it or when you say to your self "ten more minutes"or "just up to that big tree"..then I'm leaving, then bang!!..you hit a good one. I bet your back wasn't even hurtin when you seen that one in your scoop.

You're right, Irish!
A nice ring works much better than a Robaxacet!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find, congratulations!
So now I have to ask....at some point were you doubting the WOT as many people seem to do prior to their first good find?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find...congrats on that 18k with big ice.

OP
OP
Hydro Man

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Very nice find, congratulations!
So now I have to ask....at some point were you doubting the WOT as many people seem to do prior to their first good find?

You are correct LIR, doubt had entered my mind. Lol!

At first I had trouble settling her down as some have commented.

I agree with OBN, in the water you need to back off the sensitivity, which may take away from any depth advantage over the stock 10"
However the sweep coverage is awesome, making it an ideal fresh drop hunting choice.
I was in fresh water and on that beach, I found the highest sensitivity setting I could use was "5" (Excal II).

The big question in my mind is; Would I have found that ring with my stock 10" coil?
I'm pretty certain I would have because it was only 6-8" deep, but who knows..................

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes your stock coil would have found it but would you have passed over it with your smaller coil? The WOT coil is killer beach coil, congrats on a super find! :thumbsup:
You are correct LIR, doubt had entered my mind. Lol!

At first I had trouble settling her down as some have commented.

I agree with OBN, in the water you need to back off the sensitivity, which may take away from any depth advantage over the stock 10"
However the sweep coverage is awesome, making it an ideal fresh drop hunting choice.
I was in fresh water and on that beach, I found the highest sensitivity setting I could use was "5" (Excal II).

The big question in my mind is; Would I have found that ring with my stock 10" coil?
I'm pretty certain I would have because it was only 6-8" deep, but who knows..................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread