Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a chance to try out the new RinseKit system and was impressed by the concept. How many of us detectorists lug a gallon or two of water with us in order to clean up our feet, shoes and equipment before packing back up in the car? Being a beach man, I ALWAYS have with me or look for a fresh water source before dragging several pounds of Florida sand into my SUV! The RinseKit looked like a very convenient solution, so I gave it a test run.

RinseKit.jpeg

Bottom line up front: I found it to be a very effective alternative to the gallon milk jug but don't expect a long shower or multiple showers without refilling it.

I experimented with the RinseKit first by timing the fill up and dispensing operations and comparing it to the advertised times. The stated time to fill the RinseKit indicates 20 seconds. I found it closer to 30-32 using my hose at home. Now I'm on a well so the water pressure isn't as great as city water so that may explain the difference. In any case, it fills up pretty quickly. One improvement I would suggest in subsequent versions of the RinsKit is adding a visual method of determining when the capacity has been reached. As it now stands, the manufacturer's solution is to listen to the water flow. When you can no longer hear the flowing water, you know it's full. Although they say it can't be overfilled and either leak or “burst” I think a translucent window on the side of the reservoir would be a big improvement...particularly for those with hearing problems or when you're in a noisy environment.

As for the dispensing operation, I measured the time from completely full to completely empty in several nozzle settings using it at the full open position. The Kit's nozzle has 7 standard settings; Mist, Shower, Jet, Flat, Center, Cone and Soaker. Depending on which setting used generally determines the time of adequate operation. I found that the most useful for my intended purpose was the Cone, Shower or Flat setting. The useful time of these three averaged between 1:30 seconds – 1:52 seconds and that was with trigger at its full open position from completely full to completely dry with a noticeable drop in pressure around the 30 second mark. At about 1:10 -1:15, the pressure from all three settings was marginal but still usable. The advertised times range between 2:00 and 4:00 but I'm sure that is when the system is used in an on/off squirting method.

Granted, we wouldn't really use the RinseKit in a constant full open way in the field but I wanted to get an idea of how long the spray lasts.

One setting I found to be relatively useless for my intended purpose was the Soaker. It just dribbles out a large stream of water with no real pressure behind it and drops noticeably in pressure between 15-18 seconds. The nozzle I have may be defective but I don't believe that to be the case.

The best setting I found for beach use by metal detectorists is the Flat setting and used in an on/off intermittent squirting way. Using that method, I could easily rinse off my legs and feet plus my detector and scoop pretty well. If two people were depending on this however I would say it is barely adequate for all that but would still do better than two gallons of jugged water that wastes most of it as it's poured out and can't really be directed to where it's needed like the RinseKit can.

The Mist setting was the longest lasting but the stream is so light as to be unsutiable for real rinsing. I could see this setting being used to cool down hot skin in a pinch. It lasted 11:44 before going dry!

Anticipating the question, “Why not just make a larger reservoir?” Yes, that could be done but keep in mind that water weighs 8.35 lbs per gallon so how much weight are you willing to tote and how much space are you willing to dedicate for this purpose? I think 2 gallons is about the right compromise between portability and use.

In summary, I think this is a very nice addition to any beach goers' kit of equipment if you remember this is intended for limited “rinsing” and not prolonged“washing.” It's easy to fill, dispense and generally use by anyone. It's not complicated and there are no real mechanical or battery driven parts to potentially fail. One procedure I would recommend keeping in mind relates to disconnecting from the hose or water source. If you don't remember to turn off the valve at the nozzle before disconnecting, you'll get soaked. If you turn off the water source then the nozzle valve you'll just get sprayed a little from the residual pressure in the line. Either way, you're going to get some water on you.

Three very convenient characteristics I really like: The hose, at 6 feet is more than adequate and allows you to keep the reservoir in the trunk or back of your SUV/truck and still rinse off anything you have. Also, the lid is removable and designed to be used as a platform so you're not standing in the sand you're trying to rinse off! Lastly, it has a drain plug to fully empty the reservoir for storing the RinseKit in a dry condition.

As I wrote above, I would strongly suggest the manufacture include a visual method of actually seeing when the reservoir is full in the next version of this system.

Bottom Line: I will definitely use one the next time I hit the beach!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Next Time” Update: I used the RinseKit at St Pete this past weekend and in a phrase, “ It was extremely convenient and worked like a champ.”

As is my regular practice, I sprayed all the heavy sand off at the beach's shower point but as we know from experience, that never gets its all and then there's the walk back to the car. At the car, I pulled out the RinseKit to get the last of the sand off and found an important added bonus. Not only does the detachable lid serve to keep your feet from standing in the sand you're trying to wash off but have you ever stepped bare foot on a hot parking lot? That painful experience is now a thing of the past courtesy of the RinseKit lid!

The pressurized water stream lasted more than long enough to clean my feet, shoes and the last of my equipment. It also had enough remaining to service my hunting partner, Treasure Hunter. When I got home, there was still pressurized water left in the tank. I drained about 2 pints of the water remaining before sitting it up to dry out.

My Update Bottom Line: The RinseKit will definitely be part of my regular kit of beach going equipment. Keep in mind, it won't give you a prolonged shower; that would require a much larger/heavier tank that I really wouldn't want to tote to the beach! It will however definitely earn its way at the car allowing you to leave the last of that beach sand at the beach...you can bank on it from the voice of first hand experience!

You can see this at Kellyco's website: http://bit.ly/1FRXqC3

Check it out...I like it!

~ Colonel Dan ~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Pretty cool item. Would be nice if it were a little cheaper though as 100.00 to my door is a bit steep. I'll deal with a water bottle, a thistle brush and a few trash bags in the mean time.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the review.... I too would consider this a frivolous venture... But withholding my opinion, I had my wife look it up herself, and we talked about it...

She thinks it is a great idea, and ordered it for me(us) haha!

Not only for the beach, but to wash up after land hunts, camping, vehicle emergencies, etc....

So, again, thanks ColonelDan for your review, I am sold on it!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Yeah as said it's pretty cool. I go to the desert a lot to go off roading and dry panning for gold and it would be nice to have a good rinse. Maybe when I land a good find I'll pony up and stop being a tight wad.. :)

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just use one of those pump up garden sprayers. Cheap but very effective.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting one since I used Dan's on our last hunt and it worked great, right down to top to stand on while showering.

I also found out manufacturer is making a kit to be able to add water to it in the field and pressure it with bike pump...

Last edited:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
One step up

For 3.5gal, continuously adjustable spry from pinpoint to wide cone, 12v ELECTRIC pump, 100psi, continuously adjustable spry from pinpoint to wide cone, ELECTRIC pump, 100psi. I have not run out of water even after two detectorists rinsed themselves and their water gear off. Check out my posting on the forum at:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=998998&d=1400798940

Attachments

• sprayer.jpg
    sprayer.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
That too looks like an effective piece of equipment for sure. What drew me to the RinseKit was its simplicity...no moving parts. It relies totally on the physical law of water pressure and that's it!

For 3.5gal, continuously adjustable spry from pinpoint to wide cone, 12v ELECTRIC pump, 100psi, continuously adjustable spry from pinpoint to wide cone, ELECTRIC pump, 100psi. I have not run out of water even after two detectorists rinsed themselves and their water gear off. Check out my posting on the forum at:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=998998&d=1400798940

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my RinseKit this afternoon, it works great!!! I found it neat that the directions are not only all visual, but always there to remind you how to fill and use it. I love how the colors are black and blue...manly colors.:laughing7:

I was very surprised as to how much power the jet has... The other modes on the sprayer work well also.
Fits perfectly on the floor of my truck cab, just behind my seat... cant wait to show it off to the guys!

And, by the way...I am now $90 deeper in the hole in my treasure hunting hobby....but who's counting?:dontknow:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice review, but expensive.

Here's what I use: 2 gal. Home and Garden Sprayer

Take off the nozzle and flatten the tube with a pair of pliers so that you get a flat spray (more volume than the spray nozzle). Two gallons. Hand-Pumped. Fifteen bucks. Done.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice review, but expensive.

Here's what I use: 2 gal. Home and Garden Sprayer

Take off the nozzle and flatten the tube with a pair of pliers so that you get a flat spray (more volume than the spray nozzle). Two gallons. Hand-Pumped. Fifteen bucks. Done.
Higgy, I tried to shower with the garden sprayer, I use to carry one, it didn't work too good...... I could shower from head to foot with the rinse kit.

To each his own...[emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread