May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got away with the family on a solo mission. The rest of the A-Team, Lookindown and DavidFL couldn't make it this time and man I wish they were there. My wife and daughter went with me and it all still seems like a dream. We got to the beach at about 8am. It's a private beach that the workers in the area say they never see anyone else hunting there. I got permission before I went and I still can't believe how it all went down. As soon as I entered the water there were targets every few steps. This is a huge beach so I took my time and dug all of the good targets. The first few were coins and then a junk ring. I was thinking "oh ya" I just felt like I was going to do good. After about a half hour, a few coins and two junk rings the first good ring popped out.

DSC00063.JPG

It was 10K and I was elated that I had GOLD. I only have one gold this year and I figured this was a successful trip with just that ring but I had no idea what was about to happen. Well about 15 more minutes later and a few more junkers out comes this little beauty.

DSC00067.JPG

This one was 14K and I was starting to think this day could be amazing. I saw my wife sitting on the beach and took the rings to her. She told me that her and my daughter were going to go shopping for a while so I headed back in. As soon as I got back to about waste deep water I got that beautiful middle tone and the third gold of the day shows up.

DSC00065.JPG

Another 14K band and I couldn't believe what was happening. It was only about 10am and I had three gold rings. Well about 1 hour and four or five more junkers later I got that solid middle tone again and you guessed it. My fourth gold of the day

DSC00050.JPG

I started thinking "no way this is happening" and looked up to see my daughter wading out to me. She asked if I found any more gold and I showed her the two I found and told her to take them to her mom so she took off and my next target was a solid middle tone and one scoop later this one made it's way into my scoop

DSC00070.JPG DSC00071.JPG DSC00072.JPG

14K with ICE. I looked up and my daughter was just walking up the wet sand so I followed her up and gave gold ring five to my wife and told her if she wakes me up I gonna be pissed so if I dreaming to just let me sleep. I returned to the water and realized that all five rings had come from the same general area of the beach and I figured I would make a quick run the other way just to see if I had just found a honey hole or was this beach just that good. I got about half the way down the beach and a few people were about chest deep and one of them said they had lost their ring. He didn't speak English well at all but I could understand what he was saying. He started smiling and and said "I help you" and acted like he was swimming with his hands. I asked if he really lost something and he said "no" and asked if I have found anything and just then I got a blast from the detector right were he said he lost a ring. I confirmed that he hadn't lost anything again and one scoop down out comes number six

DSC00068.JPG

A heavy 14K band. They couldn't believe it but by this time I wasn't very surprised. In fact, it got to when I didn't get a ring when I got a middle tone I was disappointed. I was so happy to get a gold ring away from the area the other five rings came from because now I believed they could be anywhere on the beach and this beach was big enough for all three of us to have hunted. I had six gold rings at this point and I think that is the most I have found in one day but little did I know that the best was yet to come. As soon as I got back to the area I had found the first five gold rings I started picking up a couple junkers again and that's then this monster showed up

DSC00073.JPG DSC00074.JPG DSC00076.JPG

It wasn't marked on the inside so I wondered if it was real but time was short so went back at it. A few junkers later I had to leave but didn't want to. When we got back to out room I showed the big ring to my wife and told her it wasn't marked so I didn't know if it was real and she said "yes it is. It says 14K" I said "Where??" and she said "right here". It was the first ring I have ever found that was marked on the outside of the ring. I was in the water for about 7 or so hours and had 7 gold rings and 14 junkers. I actually started skipping the high tones about half way through the hunt because there were so many of them. This was a once in a lifetime hunt for me. I know there are other hunters that are used to finding multiple rings but any time I find more than one gold is a great day for me. I only found 2 gold rings once last year so I was ecstatic to get 7 in one day. My only regret is that my team wasn't with me but since I have permission to go back once a year I'm sure they will be with me next year. I might even see if it is possible to get a late season hunt there this year. Here is a pic of the stuff without the trash. Thanks for looking and HH.....

DSC00046.JPG DSC00048.JPG DSC00052.JPG DSC00053.JPG

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
what the hell dude?!!! GREAT JOB

My job allows me to transfer to different places and a Miami position came up. I SERIOUSLY considered it just because of stories like yours..... I'm envious..:icon_thumright:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely the kind of hunt we all dream of.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Hunt of a life time is right!
I want to be you friend! Lol!

Crushin it.jpg

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
how about a photo of what the area looked like, amazing hunt

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Wow! You really had the kind of day most of us dream about. Congratulations!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super day for sure !! :occasion14: on :metaldetector: :hello2: :treasurechest: Hope to have a day with two even sometime :laughing7:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Banner Vote here....!! A Banner Hunt for sure... Congrads !! Lets see some more Banner Votes!! !!

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im guessing it was a lake. awesome hunt!!!!!

chuck.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pond, lake, river, bay, inlet, or an island!?! Loose lips sink ships! Well..... Dog you had your day! Congrats!!:occasion14:

SnT

Ps brought back good memories BANNER vote sent!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! One of the most epic hunts I've ever heard of! White gold, yellow gold, iced out gold, the variety and amount of your treasure is amazing.
You could start your own store selling rings at this rate :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Howard

Mar 22, 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Excal. II, Whites PI Surf Master & Fisher CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Now that is an awesome/great day of metal detecting! :thumbsup:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
OUTSTANDING, Banner haul for sure!
I have not heard of a haul like your in years.
I think it is time for you to go back for another hunt.
Watch out for the GPS tags on your car.....:notworthy:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found more trash than you, so there!

Congrats on your awesome day.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Congrats on a super hunt.......very well deserved!!!
Cliff

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here I was available that day too, doesn't matter what day it was, either LOL... Congrats Mike my banner vote is in! [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread