bresson3

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2015
Aquitaine
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX, Sovereign GT, Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand french, but English is the language of TNET ;-)

I'm not an expert, but based on the experience of OBN, the only underwater speakers available the market are Piezzo and all manufacturer are using the same = poor quality. The GG Amphibian are much better but won't resist underwater for a long time but they are perfect for wadding (OBN gave me 2 weeks to break them with an underwater usage). The AGA bone phone is the ONLY real underwater speaker that work great >95db with CTX (GGUW = 75db).

Trust me if I could find an other Underwater speaker I will buy it, especially during the winter time when the water is >24°c ... I could avoid to wear a diving hood.

Sorry for that, but there is no other solution on the market IF YOU WANT TO DIVE. For wadding and occasionally submersed : OBN Amphibian, CHief surf Phone (from MAL, Malcom Potter), Sunray...

Thank you Frog. I'll try to make my headphones with these speakers (ESU 50444) they have an impedance of 100 ohms like original speakers on the Koss UR-30. I'll say you the result when the job is finished

bresson3

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2015
Aquitaine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Frog. I'll try to make my headphones with these speakers (ESU 50444) they have an impedance of 100 ohms like original speakers on the Koss UR-30. I'll say you the result when the job is finished

I finished the job. I am not satisfied. The sound is louder than the GGUW but lower than the Koss UR30. I start all over again !!!
I believe that the best solution will be to waterproofed the speakers of the Koss in a PELTOR.
Unless someone has another solution?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished the job. I am not satisfied. The sound is louder than the GGUW but lower than the Koss UR30. I start all over again !!!
I believe that the best solution will be to waterproofed the speakers of the Koss in a PELTOR.
Unless someone has another solution?
FYI, there is a limiter in the GGUW that can be removed which makes them louder..

bresson3

Tenderfoot
Aug 22, 2015
Aquitaine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, there is a limiter in the GGUW that can be removed which makes them louder..

I tried this solution by removing the coil limiter on the GGUW. It does not work with the CTX, there is no sound coming out of piezos. I think this solution is good but only for the Excal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread