Beach Reminder - Coil Covers

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434631724.180843.jpg

This morning I went out with my AT Pro and it was acting erratic after a short while. After about 30 minutes I decided to remove my coil cover and it smoothed it out quite a bit!

Attached is a pic of what I did with my Dual Field cover. I used a silicone adhesive to keep everything out yet still protect the coil.
Should have done this with my AT Pro before I headed to the beach.

What does everyone think?

Upvote 0

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do not use coil covers period. The extra finds you get will more than pay for another coil if you ever do wear it out. But don't worry, you won't wear it out!
Unless you detect 36 grit sand paper and purposely drag it across back and fourth with a 3 pound weight on top . Lol
I chipped my coil once and all I did was repair it with ABS Cement!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very simple really. If you value your coils, you'll use a coil cover, and clean it out after every or every other hunt.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, Terry Terry ........
Do you hold a patent on search coil protectors?
Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread