Upvote 0

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
would have been better to be contacted by Christies to sell all your valuable finds! (joke)

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool, your work is paying off and your reputation must precede you. :notworthy:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Thats awsome Casper look forward to see the exhibit. Thats reale cool.

sent from a sending device

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you worry about the "Antiquities Act" and your finds getting confiscated?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't have the problems you people have in Florida - we find all kinds of indian stuff and colonial stuff and I been in this hobby since 1975 and never had any probs - got a lot of friends and fellow hunters up here too - no probs with them either - only guys that have had a prob are a few adventurous ones that snuck into national parks/battlesites at night and early morning - and that was a while back and they got everything related to that era whether they found it there or not confiscated
- so 99% know better - we get plenty of stuff with permissions next to these lands without committing a crime

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic Casper, and well deserved! That's a great positive spotlight for the hobby!

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's got to be an HONOR. Good for you! You deserve it. You put in the time and god knows what else.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...things like this give the hobby a positive look...we need all of that we can get. :icon_thumright:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your style Casper...I've been contacted by a few insane asylums to document my thoughts on 20th century treatment of the mentally ill. It is an honor to be considered a source of historic information.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry Casper, I have to agree with Lady Pirate. Policies change. "Loose lips sink ships."

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree with Rusty “That it would be a great thing to share your finds by loaning what you found to a museum.
Likewise, I would love to share what I have found with others.
However, I share the concerns of Lady Pirate, and agree with the wisdom of the Sandman.

Call me paranoid, but there is no way that I would loan anything of value that I was not willing to donate/loose.
If history, and personal experience, has taught me anything, it is that promises, written agreements, insurance, etc are meaningless. Others in power will/can justify their action(s) within or above the law.

Unlike Casper and Hamid, I simply do not have sufficient faith in my fellow man and governments.
Having found items confiscated under the Antiquities Act would be the least of my concern(s) as they could take far more.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not loaning the Holy Grail - most of the stuff - most here would consider junk probably or scrap it
I know some items Im thinking of loaning have some value - told my girlfriend (of 17 yrs) - if I die
they can have it - and hopefully it will be there forever - if down the road they decide to replace it with something else
I would like it back - I know of other museums that would take it also
Im in contact with another museum for yet more finds that I am also going to put on loan from WW I era
and Im possibly going to see if one of the colonial museums in my area is interested in some of my stuff from 1600s - 1700s
Told my gal what is of great value and told her what she can donate in my name if and when I pass
She has plenty of my gold & silver and valuable relics that are in her name if anything happens to me
We don't have the same laws they do in Fla. and some of the other Southern states - up here they would rather stuff be found and shared
than found and taken

I agree with Rusty “That it would be a great thing to share your finds by loaning what you found to a museum.
Likewise, I would love to share what I have found with others.
However, I share the concerns of Lady Pirate, and agree with the wisdom of the Sandman.

Call me paranoid, but there is no way that I would loan anything of value that I was not willing to donate/loose.
If history, and personal experience, has taught me anything, it is that promises, written agreements, insurance, etc are meaningless. Others in power will/can justify their action(s) within or above the law.

Unlike Casper and Hamid, I simply do not have sufficient faith in my fellow man and governments.
Having found items confiscated under the Antiquities Act would be the least of my concern(s) as they could take far more.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My immediate concern is the return of my equipment which was improperly taken by overzealous law enforcement officials, a serious violation of my civil rights. If you, or any Treasurenet member knows how to get such equipment returned or someone who can aid in their recovery, please reply or send a PM.

Confiscation of found items is not a concern, I only post pictures of any valuable item found until after that item has been returned to its qwner. Other than that I am very humble and discrete about anything else, when asked if I have found anything the answer is just trash, would you like to see the junk that I have removed from the beach. And of course, I make sure that they know that I always fill in any holes in the sand that I find or have dug to remove this trash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have missed story about you losing equipment = I'd be writing to congressmen - governor anyone higher than those that took your stuff if I knew in fact I was in the right - have you seeked a lawyer or filed a small claims against those who took from you ?
I thought there was a detector related org. that helped TH'ers with probs like yours (national metal detecting league??)- did you think of maybe asking detector comp. for help or advice
Have you made a post looking for legal advice ?- I don't know if it was this forum - remember the was a lawyer on one of the forums that was trying to help someone else -(unless that someone was you)
Only people I know that had their stuff confiscated were caught totally illegally hunting and they did not have a leg to stand on
you just have to make sure you are in the right - cant be any grey areas
as for trash removal - my pics from over the years of trash I found - dangerous (hooks, knifes, razors etc) or hazardous material I found, pics of broken glass and removed
help fight politicians that were trying to ban detectors at a lot of parks and other areas last year - luckily I took many pics of a lot of the bad stuff - I also had many pics from returns made (I only have 3 honorable mentions here - but Ive made many returns over the yrs) - all this helped in fighting them
Ive helped police out too over the yrs

My immediate concern is the return of my equipment which was improperly taken by overzealous law enforcement officials, a serious violation of my civil rights. If you, or any Treasurenet member knows how to get such equipment returned or someone who can aid in their recovery, please reply or send a PM.

Confiscation of found items is not a concern, I only post pictures of any valuable item found until after that item has been returned to its qwner. Other than that I am very humble and discrete about anything else, when asked if I have found anything the answer is just trash, would you like to see the junk that I have removed from the beach. And of course, I make sure that they know that I always fill in any holes in the sand that I find or have dug to remove this trash.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always, thank you for your help.

You did not miss anything, I did not disclose my loss of equipment.
If you look at my profile, you will see that I post no flag, nor amatom
as anyone who abuses their power through excessive use of force is dangerous to those
they select to target as well as our way of life. For example, about two years ago - an unarmed individual here , definitely a trouble maker - but not violent, who was on a roof was killed while being arrested (shot six times by three police officers). There were an estimated 40 to 50 police officers involved in arrest.

I question why so many officers were used and why deadly force was used.

I have written my congressmen, he was of help, but has retired.
The resulting damage far exceeds that of a small claims court.
Have not bee able find a lawyer who will take the case on a contingency basis.
I almost lost my leg, but have done nothing illegal.

I must have missed story about you losing equipment = I'd be writing to congressmen - governor anyone higher than those that took your stuff if I knew in fact I was in the right - have you seeked a lawyer or filed a small claims against those who took from you ?
I thought there was a detector related org. that helped TH'ers with probs like yours (national metal detecting league??)- did you think of maybe asking detector comp. for help or advice
Have you made a post looking for legal advice ?- I don't know if it was this forum - remember the was a lawyer on one of the forums that was trying to help someone else -(unless that someone was you)
Only people I know that had their stuff confiscated were caught totally illegally hunting and they did not have a leg to stand on
you just have to make sure you are in the right - cant be any grey areas
as for trash removal - my pics from over the years of trash I found - dangerous (hooks, knifes, razors etc) or hazardous material I found, pics of broken glass and removed
help fight politicians that were trying to ban detectors at a lot of parks and other areas last year - luckily I took many pics of a lot of the bad stuff - I also had many pics from returns made (I only have 3 honorable mentions here - but Ive made many returns over the yrs) - all this helped in fighting them
Ive helped police out too over the yrs

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread